Should Emmanuel be unbanned again? - Page 2

Should Emmanuel be unbanned again?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Should Emmanuel be unbanned again?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 114

AF
AI Developer

Re: Should Emmanuel be unbanned again?

Post by AF »

iirc zwzsg said once that this ahd been done and he was just as foul in french
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

AF wrote:iirc zwzsg said once that this ahd been done and he was just as foul in french
But

coherently foul????
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

If you speak to Emmanuel confusing and play along with what he says, you can actually be friends, its as soon as you say "I disagree" that he starts to talk like a middle eastern man with a machete.
lurker

Post by lurker »

smoth wrote:so then you all are focused on the personality and not the mod. So that means you guys are not interested in his mod as much as either feeling some strange pity or wanting him back for the joy of mocking him.

lurker I think you have an answer.
This is supposed to be focused on the personality, it's only in this forum so I could make a poll. I want him back because he has a lot of awesome and he has an art style truly to himself that I enjoy.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Noruas wrote:If you speak to Emmanuel confusing and play along with what he says, you can actually be friends, its as soon as you say "I disagree" that he starts to talk like a middle eastern man with a machete.
Yeah, I've played a game with him before on his own mod. He still has English trouble but he'll be nice enough. He's an amazing player at his own mod too.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I vote yes, because having him around was funny. Since spring is somewhere I go for entertainment, this is a positive. that he upsets people who take themselves too seriously is, if anything, a bonus
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

I vote yes to the return of "I fuck in Sky" and the banishment of the current ranking troll.
>_>
<_<

It would be one of those awesome trades, and the community would benefit for it!
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

when emmanuel was around forum drama was generally very low

as all attention was focused on the luls to be had in emmanuels threads

and as said before any1 who gets pissed off by emmanuel is taking it to seriously

He keeps drama low and entertainment high + hes not even an asshole just weird

all possitives bring him back!
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

REVENGE wrote:coherently foul????
I'd be shocked if that man can compose a coherent sentence in any language.
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

How come you can't search for threads started by a particular user on these forums? :?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

He's mentally handicapped fyi

Also, why is this a democratic decision?
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Also, why is this a democratic decision?
It is not, there is just a poll.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

perhaps we should consult the necronomicon
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

REVENGE wrote:Could we please get one of our French players to go and talk to him in his native language so we can find out what he's actually thinking?
Emmanuel is still an incoherent madman in his native language. For instance, I know one french TA modding forum he's been banned from.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

what was he banned for in the first place?
smoth

Post by smoth »

I wish I could read that forum zwz, they have GRRRRRRRRREAT stuff.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

True Democracy always fail in History.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I vote yes, because having him around was funny. Since spring is somewhere I go for entertainment, this is a positive. that he upsets people who take themselves too seriously is, if anything, a bonus
True that!

emmanuel can slap me silly with a trolltrout and I'd still beg for more. I'll never forget the first time I spoke with him in #main. I was trying to shower him with praise over his work and he started going off on me "CARRAPAIRER IS CLOWN! CARREPAIRER IS CLOWN! YOUR CA TAG OFFENDS ME! DIE DIE DIE!" I peed my pants with joy.
IllvilJa

Post by IllvilJa »

Hm.

I think I know who he is. Not that I have done the mandatory "search and study up on absolutely ALL available forum history on the topic at hand regardless the fact that it is an extremely irresponsible way to use my limited time"-exercise but I have read the forums related to the mod Operation Polaris and there is one pretty weird and obscene guy there named Emanuel or something almost identical.

Not that I think he will be banned from THAT forum as the main poster in that forum for natural reasons is the creator of Operation Polaris who is Centipede aka Cuntipede and to be honest, the latter guy is pretty weird and obscene too. So even if Emanual is by far more out of whack in his posts than Centipede/Cuntipede on that forum, I don't think Centipede/Cuntipede really has a problem with the situation.

Only problem is that it perhaps makes it slightly awkward for other, more... err... I hate to say... but you know... normal people to join those discussions. I've run into something similar in a Swedish Battlefield-related forum and it ended up with the lunatics continuing to say lunatic stuff to each other but actually staying pretty sane while talking with me. So maybe I should give the Operation Polaris forums a shot in the future when I get some more spare time (hah!), as that mod really deserves some encouragement!

(On the other hand, on that Battlefield forum, the extremely weird/foulmouthed people were a minority, so that could explain why it turned out well for me... At Operation Polaris, the madmen seem to be the only population ;) )

So given that Emanuel is giving the Operation Polaris mod some attention (weird attention true, but still showing that he's interested in the mod's ongoing development) I think I will vote "yes" if I manage to find my way back to that voting form.

PS. Some links in this thread to Emanuels artwork and/or mods would be nice. Yes, I know it is supposed to be about his personality but still.

PPS. This is regarding unbanning him from the forum. Regarding #main in the Spring lobby, I have actually no opinion as I am virtually NEVER at #main anyway.

EDIT: found the form at the top of the forum thread page. A truly impressive accomplishment on my behalf, something you kids should think twice before you try to repeat yourself, given the amazing difficulty of the task.

EDIT 2: now I also have cast an actual vote on the subject! There's virtually no end on my marvels on the Internet today! Yay!

Return to “Game Development”