Punish mod hijacking - Page 2

Punish mod hijacking

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Silentwings
Moderator
Posts: 3593
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 00:23

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Silentwings » 19 Dec 2008, 15:05

LOL
0 x

User avatar
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 1177
Joined: 10 Dec 2006, 18:46

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by TheFatController » 19 Dec 2008, 15:15

Gota wrote:The person who did this must be severely punished
0 x

User avatar
smoth
Posts: 22298
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 00:46

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by smoth » 19 Dec 2008, 15:50

Regret wrote:Hijacking mods should be punished to prevent confusion in the community. I'm referring to bullshit like http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1641
there is no honor among thieves. But yeah it is a tacky move.
0 x

User avatar
Hoi
Posts: 2912
Joined: 13 May 2008, 16:51

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Hoi » 19 Dec 2008, 16:19

+1 to jj for deleting it :-)
0 x

User avatar
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 1177
Joined: 10 Dec 2006, 18:46

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by TheFatController » 19 Dec 2008, 16:25

This thread is now about smoth's comment
0 x

User avatar
Otherside
Posts: 2296
Joined: 21 Feb 2006, 14:09

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Otherside » 19 Dec 2008, 16:40

the ammount of OWND in this thread surpasses the limit of the intertubes yearly pwnage alocation
0 x

User avatar
smoth
Posts: 22298
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 00:46

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by smoth » 19 Dec 2008, 17:13

Hey man, I stopped posting here for a year once and someone tried to jack my project because they thought I was inactive.

I don't know why the mods have not kicked yan off of this site yet. I have been saying for some time that the dude isn't that ignorant and he is purposefully abrasive.
0 x

User avatar
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer
Posts: 3359
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 21:48

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by CarRepairer » 19 Dec 2008, 17:45

I must say one thing..

This thread was very entertaining to read through, like a mystery novel whodunnit type thing. Much fun :-)
0 x

User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Gota » 19 Dec 2008, 18:05

Hoi wrote:Yes gota, epic fail, if you think sa is better than ba then why doesn't everyone play it?
Ba 6.7 Was BA not SA.
And had the exact changes that were written in the changelog on JJ.
They are changes that should be made and it can be seen even by just glancing at the stats of these units.

There isn't one change there that shouldn't be made but as usually people miss the point.
It was for the greater good.
There is no way that a mod can successfully get players based on these small yet important changes If i was to make a fork of BA.
Nobody was listening so I took the initiative.
The changes are small and just reintroduce units that were unusable back into the gameplay.
You can insult me or ban me or whatever,i don't really care It's just a shame that this version didn't go through.
0 x

YHCIR
Posts: 190
Joined: 12 Aug 2006, 23:06

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by YHCIR » 19 Dec 2008, 18:08

What was the file? Another fake BA?
Was gota responsible for BA 6.51?
Truly, truly owned though
0 x

User avatar
Pxtl
Posts: 6112
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 01:43

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Pxtl » 19 Dec 2008, 18:10

I would love to see that changelog. I could use a laugh.
0 x

User avatar
Hoi
Posts: 2912
Joined: 13 May 2008, 16:51

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Hoi » 19 Dec 2008, 18:10

Gota wrote:
Hoi wrote:Yes gota, epic fail, if you think sa is better than ba then why doesn't everyone play it?
Ba 6.7 Was BA not SA.
And had the exact changes that were written in the changelog on JJ.
They are changes that should be made and it can be seen even by just glancing at the stats of these units.

There isn't one change there that shouldn't be made but as usually people miss the point.
It was for the greater good.
There is no way that a mod can successfully get players based on these small yet important changes If i was to make a fork of BA.
Nobody was listening so I took the initiative.
The changes are small and just reintroduce units that were unusable back into the gameplay.
You can insult me or ban me or whatever,i don't really care It's just a shame that this version didn't go through.
People do not insult you becaus they felt like insulting someone, but they insult you becaus you do stupid things.

If you think it's a shame your changes didn't go through then that's ok, but what you are doing is pushing and hijacking and all the other stuff, just put it in sa and play it, I hope people will play with you, but stop this, people will hate you even more if you continue like this, if people say no it's no, whining and stuff won't work and only make you the target of trolls, stupid jokes and more.
0 x

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 3842
Joined: 08 Jan 2007, 06:13

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by lurker » 19 Dec 2008, 18:21

6.6 --> gota wrote: -Warrior IdleAutoHeal increased.
-Warrior idle time decreased.
-Hammer and Thud energy cost reduced metal cost increased.
-Hammer and Thud speed increased slightly.
-T1 artillery range slightly increased.
-T1 Arm/Core construction bot speed increased,metal cost increased.
-Pelican DPS slightly increased.
-Recluse DPS slightly increased.
-blade price slightly decreased.
-AK HP slightly increased.
-PW HP slightly increased.
-Merl speed increased.
-Merl area damage increased.
-Diplomat speed increased.
-Diplomat area damage increased.
-Vulcan price decreased by 10%.
-Vulcan energy per shot decreased to 2250.
-Mercury energy and build time reduced.
-Raider hp increased by 8%.
-Leveler speed increased slightly.
-Can cost reduced by 5%.
-Termite cost reduced by 20%.
-Skuttle hp increased to 897.
-Sumo build time and energy cost reduced slightly.
-Buzzsaw energy per shot reduced to 2625.
-Buzzsaw cost reduced by 10%.
-Screamer energy cost and build time decreased.
-Annihilator energy cost decreased and hp increased.
-Punisher DPS increased.
-Guardian DPS increased.
-Toaster DPS increased.
-Ambusher DPS increased.
jj, you deleted the file form vsync.de? Meh, torrent system works.
0 x

User avatar
smoth
Posts: 22298
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 00:46

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by smoth » 19 Dec 2008, 18:23

Hoi wrote:People do not insult you because they felt like insulting someone, but they insult you because you do stupid things.
HOLY SHIT! GOOD POST!
0 x

User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Gota » 19 Dec 2008, 18:24

oh lurker has it somehow Oo just spent 10 minuts trying to remember and write stuff down again.
0 x

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 3842
Joined: 08 Jan 2007, 06:13

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by lurker » 19 Dec 2008, 18:40

Gota wrote:oh lurker has it somehow Oo just spent 10 minuts trying to remember and write stuff down again.
You didn't keep a changelog in the sd7 or anything?
0 x

User avatar
Hoi
Posts: 2912
Joined: 13 May 2008, 16:51

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Hoi » 19 Dec 2008, 19:09

smoth wrote:
Hoi wrote:People do not insult you because they felt like insulting someone, but they insult you because you do stupid things.
HOLY SHIT! GOOD POST!
Really? :P
0 x

User avatar
smoth
Posts: 22298
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 00:46

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by smoth » 19 Dec 2008, 19:11

yeah you did good.
0 x

User avatar
Machiosabre
Posts: 1474
Joined: 25 Dec 2005, 22:56

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Machiosabre » 19 Dec 2008, 20:57

better stop posting on a high note
0 x

User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: Punish mod hijacking

Post by Gota » 19 Dec 2008, 22:16

lurker wrote:
Gota wrote:oh lurker has it somehow Oo just spent 10 minuts trying to remember and write stuff down again.
You didn't keep a changelog in the sd7 or anything?
No didnt feel a need.Plus i can recreate it just by looking at the unitlists on modit.
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “Game Development”