Ta: Kingdoms Spring - Page 3

Ta: Kingdoms Spring

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Re: Ta: Kingdoms Spring

Post by knorke »

nothing happend, as in no serious attempt was made to port it.
closest to a medieval game is maybe Cursed
http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-cursed
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

yes but i want TAK !!!
i see the images..
smoth

Post by smoth »

Get off your ass and make it then.. Fing lazy people.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Models were converted, animation was never completely finished, meelee wasn't mature/available at the time, the people involved didn't have the time and energy

A lot of those things are now possible assuming someone with the time and energy comes along. The game itself was never released in a playable format for spring. What you see are screenshots of early stages of development, with no further progress.
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

oh nice... :|

and all abandoned it?

i found files of the tak spring... but it doesnt works :P

hmm so nobody will finish it? ._.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

CarRepairer was for a long time working on a very promissing project (working title is/was CA:Kongdoms) that features tons of fantasy units and many crazy Lua-stuff. You should help him to get out a playable release imho. Porting TA:K would be hell of a work...

But if you feel like porting TA:K - take a look at the LUA in The Cursed. It has melee (incl. parrying in next release), mobile summoners, healing auras and the resurrection of unit B from the corpse of unit A. That is all stuff that is needed for TA:K.
wilbefast

Post by wilbefast »

The trouble with fantasy settings is that Spring is designed made for tanks and robots, like TA before it: you can't stretch polygons, so it's hard to make things look organic. Unless you're Azaremoth.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Manolo wrote:heyy someone???

what happen with TA:K Spring guys!!

is it working???

give me links.... pls

^^ That image was a joke Manolo... Go look at the post on the first page.
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

azaremoth wrote:CarRepairer was for a long time working on a very promissing project (working title is/was CA:Kongdoms) that features tons of fantasy units and many crazy Lua-stuff. You should help him to get out a playable release imho. Porting TA:K would be hell of a work...

But if you feel like porting TA:K - take a look at the LUA in The Cursed. It has melee (incl. parrying in next release), mobile summoners, healing auras and the resurrection of unit B from the corpse of unit A. That is all stuff that is needed for TA:K.
hmmm
only Lua?
hmm
i can try :)
Forboding Angel wrote:
Manolo wrote:heyy someone???

what happen with TA:K Spring guys!!

is it working???

give me links.... pls

^^ That image was a joke Manolo... Go look at the post on the first page.
lol i know... but and the others... like this:
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

wilbefast wrote:The trouble with fantasy settings is that Spring is designed made for tanks and robots, like TA before it: you can't stretch polygons, so it's hard to make things look organic. Unless you're Azaremoth.
The missing skeletal animation is a major draw back of the Spring engine but all other things that are needed for a fantasy mod are there now. :-)

I think you (wilbefast) and maackey should have joined CarRepairer to get the fantasy mod working. A small project with maackey's animations, the Glest models, models from maackey and wilbefast and CarRepairer's Lua (from CA:K and The Cursed) should be doable within one or two weeks. I would start of with two races and one tier (4-5 buildings, 4-5 units for every race to start with.

I personally have too little time for an experiment like that right now but I would be happy to offer advice and content from the Cursed for such a project. All it needs is willing workhorse. :wink:
wilbefast

Post by wilbefast »

We were all sort of working together in a sense, it's just that we had different projects. I was too green to be much use to the other two, but Maackey helped CarRepairer on his project and vice-versa, and I sort of... play-tested Meridian a bit :?
I stopped because I had exams and then didn't really get back into it, which is terribly unoriginal. Also as a C++ programmer (you'd think this would make me good at scripting, but quite the opposite) I missed the control you have building a project from scratch. Now I miss having something playable in a short spell. The grass is always greener I guess: again, terribly unoriginal.

edit: I wouldn't mind getting back into Spring - I have an Android project to finish for a little Parisian startup and an Msc. in progress, but otherwise I'm as free as a bird :wink:
smoth

Post by smoth »

What thought was grass turned out to be AstroTurf turned out to be carpet turned out to cement painted green...
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

and what is the conclusion of all this?

this project continues?
wilbefast

Post by wilbefast »

TAK was dead as a dodo long before Meridian, CAK or my "fugly" mod even really kicked off, so I don't think it's continuing, no.

Meridian's moddb page went dead a while back, and I haven't heard anything much about CAK since bailing.
As for me, someone on the board ended up pointing out that, ironically, I was working on a hardcore competitive RTS despite 'not really liking hardcore competitive RTSs', and I came to the horrified realisation that I'd become a casual gamer :shock:
When I have time to practice again I'll come back and pwn the lot of you noobs at your own games. Then I'll be qualified to pwn you at mine :wink:

Seriously though, I wonder what the future of hardcore games is in this world of 3 second attention spans. You all saw Supreme Commander 2 - will having to figure it out ever come back into vogue? Getting off-topic though...
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Thanks for the promo shots, azaremoth.

CAK has been on hiatus for over a year. I have still been active here (lightly working on zk gui, working with KaiserJ on his mazecraft project, http://weblobby.springrts.com , touching base with flozi and knorke about modder's toolbox) but CAK has been on the backburner because I was hoping for easier model integration to ease the burden in that task.

About half a year ago I contacted one individual named spliff regarding his unfinished project of integrating the assimp library into spring. He had said he cancelled it due to lack of interest, but I convinced him to get it done. The next spring release has been a long time coming but it's about to be released from what I hear. I plan to continue where I left off - to make a mod with all sorts of crazy things that might even be playable as a game.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

CarRepairer wrote:Thanks for the promo shots, azaremoth.

CAK has been on hiatus for over a year. I have still been active here (lightly working on zk gui, working with KaiserJ on his mazecraft project, http://weblobby.springrts.com , touching base with flozi and knorke about modder's toolbox) but CAK has been on the backburner because I was hoping for easier model integration to ease the burden in that task.

About half a year ago I contacted one individual named spliff regarding his unfinished project of integrating the assimp library into spring. He had said he cancelled it due to lack of interest, but I convinced him to get it done. The next spring release has been a long time coming but it's about to be released from what I hear. I plan to continue where I left off - to make a mod with all sorts of crazy things that might even be playable as a game.
*stands up*
*claps*
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

wilbefast wrote:edit: I wouldn't mind getting back into Spring - I have an Android project to finish for a little Parisian startup and an Msc. in progress, but otherwise I'm as free as a bird :wink:
You just acquired a new project for Spring then :wink: I also suggest this project for all willing fantasy fans in the Spring community. As demanding stuff from others will not lead anywhere - here is the starting point:

Fantasy Kingdoms pre-alpha (working title)

It includes:
- most of the Cursed Lua structure (without the LuaAIs), including the UI, many gadgets,...
- all effects from the cursed and all graphics files from Smoth (Gundam) that are needed to include Gundam's effects
- feature placer and the features (that are included in the cursed and EvoRTS)

The Mini Races to start with:
Humans:
Builder
ÔööCastle
Ôö£Builder
Ôö£Swordsman
Ôö£Knight
Ôö£Bowman
ÔööWizard

Undead:
Restless
ÔööDamned Portal
Ôö£Restless
ÔööNecromancer
Ôö£Ghoul
Ôö£Skeleton
Ôö£Skeletal Mage
ÔööRictus

This is just to have some units ingame. I just wanted to offer a starting point. The game will start as it is right now.

Download:
http://azaremoth.supremedesign.org/data ... ngdoms.sdz

Just to make this clear - I have no time to lead this project, but I will happily help with smaller things. There are tons of well fitting content from other projects and I am sure other people are also willing to help. The foundation stone is newly-laid. 8)
knorke

Post by knorke »

Either download messed up or the file is corrupt. Some files can not be unzipped.
Guess that is why it crashes on loading:
[f=0000000] Bad return table from: units/burrowcrust.lua
[f=0000000] Bad return table from: units/grounddecal.lua
[f=0000000] Bad return table from: units/pig.lua
http://pastebin.com/JR6pYtYS

Are those models from glest? The castle seems familiar.
CAK has been on hiatus for over a year.
:shock: :shock: :x :cry:
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Angry Gorilla is angry.

Manolo

Post by Manolo »

knorke wrote:Either download messed up or the file is corrupt. Some files can not be unzipped.
Guess that is why it crashes on loading:
[f=0000000] Bad return table from: units/burrowcrust.lua
[f=0000000] Bad return table from: units/grounddecal.lua
[f=0000000] Bad return table from: units/pig.lua
http://pastebin.com/JR6pYtYS

Are those models from glest? The castle seems familiar.
CAK has been on hiatus for over a year.
:shock: :shock: :x :cry:
2 =P same errors

Return to “Game Development”