Ressurecting the Showdown!

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

hello, i was looking through my mods and found "The Showdown", a cross-over mod i made. who would support me if i remade it? all i need is the permission to use mod content. I'm looking forward to using EE, the old SWTA, and Gundam
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Ressurecting the Showdown!

Post by FLOZi »

Epic.

Epic fail.

In fact we should add a term to the S44 license about this 'do whatever you want as long as you don't do dumb shit like panzers fighting wookies'.
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

havent you ever asked yourself who would win in a KP vs TA vs EE battle?
manored

Post by manored »

The problem is that in a balanced mod the answer would be "none"

If you just throw in the units as they are in their respective mods balance will be completly screwed.
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

i tried to balance it as much as possible. i wanted each faction to have a fighting chance. is that a problem?
manored

Post by manored »

Zoy64 wrote:i tried to balance it as much as possible. i wanted each faction to have a fighting chance. is that a problem?
No, except that if you do balance the mod, you cant really say "who would win" because its not the original :)
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

got a point, but some of the attack values were either unfair or weak. i wanted it to be for fun, not to be heavily criticized. i may not be the best modder ever, nor do i have the best ideas; i just wanted to make a crossover mod because no one else had. If there are any ideas for this mod that you have, do tell. (besides "Screw this idea")
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

FLOZi wrote:In fact we should add a term to the S44 license about this 'do whatever you want as long as you don't do dumb shit like panzers fighting wookies'.
You're just scared because our stormtroopers could beat up your stormtroopers
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Your stormtroopers couldn't *hit* our stormtroopers.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

The only mods I want to see crossed over is that insect mod that's still in production and S44. Remember the ant missions from the original Red Alert? Think Panzer vs Giant Stag Beetle? Yeah... that would be awesome.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Speaking of behalf of Fang (developer of EE) he's asking that his stuff not be combined in such a manner.

EE's content is to stay separate until such time as he sees fit to release it.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

*facepalm*
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

NO THANK YOU SIR!
smoth

Post by smoth »

zoy, it was done without the game maker's permission. Which means it should not be resurrected.
manored

Post by manored »

Zoy64 wrote:havent you ever asked yourself who would win in a KP vs TA vs EE battle?
I was answering to this statement... but anyway, I do not think its a good idea, but if you want to... assuming you get permission to use the content that is, what aparently will not happen.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Zoy64 wrote:I'm looking forward to using EE [..] and Gundam
Forget it, as has been said the last time neither author allows derivatives, especailly not like this. I don't think Lucas Arts would permit using Star Wars for this either.
smoth

Post by smoth »

KDR_11k wrote:
Zoy64 wrote:I'm looking forward to using EE [..] and Gundam
Forget it, as has been said the last time neither author allows derivatives, especailly not like this. I don't think Lucas Arts would permit using Star Wars for this either.
I missed this part, yeah zoy you can die in a fire now, where is my g3 gas, someone call rambal ral, I have a mission for him.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I think deep down in his heart George Lucas would want to see this getting done.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

rattle wrote:I think deep down in his heart George Lucas would want to see this getting done.
That is because his creative vision is limited to phallic weaponry/belly-like designs (Dependent upon his current weight) and wooden dialogue.
Zoy64

Post by Zoy64 »

I like the bug idea GMN (assuming i can get permission). if anyone would like to see what i have done, just PM me, ill give you a link. Know that it is a work in progress and that i am having difficulty with some things.

Smoth: if you dont want me to use Gundam, just say so.

Return to “Game Development”