XTA - Page 2

XTA

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Noruas
XTA Developer

Re: XTA

Post by Noruas »

*rubs head violently* geeze i look more of a supreme chancellor who just shut down the xtaforever forums to get rid of the Republic... you are either with me or against me.

>_>
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

and we are the jedis getting blastered in the back :p
The_Big_Boss

Post by The_Big_Boss »

Leave xta here. Its healthier here than being cooped up in some remote forum.
bashar

Post by bashar »

The_Big_Boss wrote:Leave xta here. Its healthier here than being cooped up in some remote forum.
"assumption from BB to the rest of the community".
I vote for a specific one, but leaving it here is indeed an option.
The_Big_Boss

Post by The_Big_Boss »

Good. As long as the notice is out, that it is not automatically decided that we move to another forum and secondly that discussion will take place here before the forum, Im happy.

If for whatever reason there was just a simple vote without discussion, you can count me out from the new forums.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Multiple threaded discussion>>> one stream of semi-coherent text.

I will finalise the forum setup tomorrow, no reason we cant keep this thread as a release notification/changelog dump, but really, one thread isn't enough imo.

@ Noruas: with you or against you? How about just want a well balanced playable mod with an open developement environment, personal politics aside? :lol:
Gota

Post by Gota »

Guys you should work on your gfx. when there is a game going with t2 and berthas etc its lows down real bad.maybe there is a specific thing causing that?
bashar

Post by bashar »

pintle could u post here the linkzor to the forum?
tx
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

pintle wrote:Multiple threaded discussion>>> one stream of semi-coherent text.
does that really matter when it's just the guys who already play xta a lot talking to each other?
bashar

Post by bashar »

Machiosabre wrote:
pintle wrote:Multiple threaded discussion>>> one stream of semi-coherent text.
does that really matter when it's just the guys who already play xta a lot talking to each other?
Yes it does
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

ok, I just figured the pros from having a thread on a forum that has readers might outweigh the cons.
bashar

Post by bashar »

Machiosabre wrote:ok, I just figured the pros from having a thread on a forum that has readers might outweigh the cons.
That's true, but I was not answering this point.
"Multiple threaded discussion>>> one stream of semi-coherent text."
pintle

Post by pintle »

http://xta.darkstars.co.uk/forums/

New forum is up, thank Nova for sorting it out.

I suggest we keep this thread as a changelog/news dump.
The_Big_Boss

Post by The_Big_Boss »

You didnt do what i asked. You didn't have to of course, but Im out as I said i would be. I took a look at the new forum in hope that my forum experience was telling me wrong. It wasn't. When you have an ambiguous forum rule with only 4-6 people there might be big trouble. 'Don't be a Dick'. That can be interpreted in any number of fashions and will probably be used to enforce conformity.
That's one reason why i'd like xta to stay here, for now anyway.

I'll still play xta, but as far i care that forum doesn't represent me or xta.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

er, what? its a forum, discussing xta, therefore it is the xta forum. the only reason it will possibly be diffrent to the last forum is that when people go off topic, flame or talk crap, their posts will probably get snipped and dont be a dick which considering all the pathetic shit passing for balance discussion in the last few weeks of the old forum, and the total absence of moderation, can only be a good thing.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Yeah "dick" is a subjective term, I'll remove it from the rules if you feel it will be an issue.

I really must take objection to you suggesting i would seek to enforce conformity of opinion. If you really feel that i have acted that way pm me or something and lets talk about it.

The whole reason I organised getting the forum back was to facilitate open discussion about developement.

You don't have to use it if you dont want to, this thread is here.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

While I host the XTA forums I do not appreciate that people take time and effort to discredit and attack pintle and his efforts to organize a new forum for the XTA community.

Perhaps that time would be better spent in productive work for the benefit of XTA as a whole?
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Thats besside the point AF, Big Boss was just saying that "don't be a dick" is a bad rule, and i will have to agree with him in this case.
pintle

Post by pintle »

The_Big_Boss wrote:That can be interpreted in any number of fashions and will probably be used to enforce conformity.
That absolutely was not "just saying that "dont be a dick" is a bad rule".

Like I said I will remove the rule if its such a big deal.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Return to “Game Development”