Can script influence particles?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

What I was thinking was, can the particles from a geothermal vent be made to travel a few centimeters towards a unit, and, if the particles gets close enough to the unit, can we have it disappear?
mongus

Post by mongus »

can the commander fly in the air.. anf then when he is flying... turn in all directions and charge a super kame-D-gun, and sent it directly to the enemy commander... then back to earth and deploy some super plasma Energy/metal generator that builds a base in a blink?
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Yes, if the mod allowed it. So is that a yes or or no?
mongus

Post by mongus »

i dont see your point here.
to hide thermal vents? when used?
or with some invisible unit so enemy cant tell if there is one?
i think that would tell you if the vent is in use or not.
and that would thell you where to attack...
geothermal plants are quite weak...
wich makes that feature a con against those plants..
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Its for a mod you dickhead. Notice this section of the Forum is labelled 'mods'?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Doomweaver wrote:Its for a mod you dickhead. Notice this section of the Forum is labelled 'mods'?

Actually... you are not going to get any help from us with that attitude. Chill out man.
mongus

Post by mongus »

You are right, basically dont know the answer, and in my first post i tried to be stupid at you, and worked i guess. So im very retard for doing so.

Anyhow, reading your first post i dont understand quite right the question, and think either its bad formulated or its silly, wich makes your post as dumb as mine.

Try to be more clear next time.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

MAJOR cool points lost there Doomweaver.

Bad form indeed.

Remain calm, and note the exits either to the front or rear of the forum.

-Buggi
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

okay, calm. (lol)
Okay.
calm
Let me try and rephrase my question (deep breath)
I'll try and talk in TA terms. Imagine I had a mobile geothermal powerplant. If its within a certain radius of the vent, I want it to suck the particles towards it so that they do not disappear until they have hit it. Then they should disappear.
If possible, you should also gain 10 energy every time a particle disappears in this fashion.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Don't think you can count particles that way unless it is already hardcoded into the engine as a scripting hook, but who knows..

Return to “Game Development”