Tired, please remove the Zenith from Tired Annihilation - Page 2

Tired, please remove the Zenith from Tired Annihilation

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Andrej

Post by Andrej »

IN UR THREAD

REMAKING UR SHIT UNITS

SAGE IN ALL FIELDS
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

somebody vollonteering to have their ass handed to them via a boot to the head?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

You might as well rip supcom's saucer, importers are available.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

andrej wrote:SGAF
mmkay
rattle wrote:You might as well rip supcom's saucer, importers are available.
1. no artwork taken
2. easier to model one's own
3. easier to texture
4. too high polied
5. importer not available
6. modelled in response to actual rip
7. for ta not for spring
8. like many things I make: derivative work and not a copy
etc etc

see the shading! i spent hours making shades that were not even in the TA palette. It doesn't even matter in spring. also spent hours more testing out various code for the weapon (it is actually a vertical launch missile with negative velocity and acceleration with the render type of a laser), and the damage effect (TA cannot render too many particles at once, but i needed enough explosions to engulf the whole unit, thus i made things explode as it approaches zero health), something that was kept in Tired's version even though it was not even neccessary.

Last edited by TheRegisteredOne on 18 Sep 2007, 04:12, edited 4 times in total.
[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

Tired, I thought you better than this. Unfortunately, I was wrong.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I hate this community... file pwnt crappage, I never had to use my admin powers.
Last edited by smoth on 18 Sep 2007, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
overkill

Post by overkill »

rox, when wasnt tired an ass??, oh and i cant check it now but what was wrong with crapps file??
smoth

Post by smoth »

[8:44:27 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> CRAPPAGE
[8:44:30 PM] <[PoCS]RapidSpam> ok
[8:44:32 PM] <[PoCS]Crappage> :O
[8:44:34 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> DONT ADD THE ZENITH
[8:44:39 PM] <[PoCS]Crappage> STFU
[8:44:39 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> UR GOING TO GET BUSTED
[8:44:46 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> AND THE FILE WILL BE REMOVED
[8:44:47 PM] <[PoCS]RapidSpam> why
[8:44:51 PM] <[PoCS]Crappage> OH WELL, TAKIN ONE FOR THE TEAM
[8:44:56 PM] <[PoCS]RapidSpam> lol
[8:45:02 PM] <Nem[KoKaEEaCS]Noruas> becayse the zenith was already a robbed unit without premission
[8:45:04 PM] <[PoCS]RapidSpam> wow noruas found out
[8:45:17 PM] <[PoCS]RapidSpam> robber!
[8:46:37 PM] <[PoCS]Crappage> I said on there "credit goes to Tired and whoever else" so it should be fine
[8:46:50 PM] <[PoCS]Zoythrus> he's got a point Noruas

he used tro's unit stating that it was ok because tired already stole the unit.

CREDITS ARE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE, GET PERMISSION FIRST!
Last edited by smoth on 18 Sep 2007, 04:38, edited 2 times in total.
overkill

Post by overkill »

oh, WOW.......tsk tsk tsk, this community phailes
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Crappage, ask TRO directly. He might be more amenable to you using it than Tired, though I'll never try to speak for him.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

I have no problems with people using my units if they do not mix and match different styles of different factions. For example, anyone is welcome to use my arm and core battleships for arm and core:
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Yeah let me fix those barrels :P
Tired

Post by Tired »

You all need to get married so some man can make honest women of you. 8)

Keep it off UF if ya like - if I feel like playing with the mod some more, I'll host in on another site (with the Zenith included, of course, and maybe some nice Gundam units, except there aren't any). Asking Reg for permission in the first place was a formal courtesy, but obviously not "asking for permission." More than anything, I added the unit in just for the fit I knew you'd all throw - you babbling teet suckers top BA for a boredeom killer any day.

Don't worry about me advertising in these forums, either - never saw the need to, especially with you fools all making this thread top of the charts. Thanks.^^
overkill

Post by overkill »

WHAT AN ASS :roll:
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

You are simply a sad, sad form of a human being Tired. Get some ethics and integrity and maybe you'll see the truth behind what people have said in here.

EDIT: the 30 seconds of my lunch break i've wasted on this is enough, get over yourself.
Last edited by chillaaa on 18 Sep 2007, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tired

Post by Tired »

I'm gladdened to know, chillaaa, overkill, that I'm offering some purpose to your otherwise meaningless lives. Please define your moral or ethical systems in detail to make you feel better about yourselves. =)
overkill

Post by overkill »

I am not going to explain what my belief or morals and ethics to is, becuase someone like wouldnt even understand....

E: because smoth is right, why should i just let him get what he wants by responding.....

plz excuse my choppy grammar and bad spelling, its a bit late now....
Last edited by overkill on 18 Sep 2007, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Overkill do not react to it. He does that because it is a low blow that he knows can get a reaction. People like tired are keenly aware of the fact that others cannot punch them through the internet. In real life they are the little weasels that no one likes always alone crying to themselves over how lonely they are.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

I think Tired is trying to get banned so he can be a martyr for the cause. (Intentional violations of forum rules "felony" 1, 2, 8, and Terms of Service seems like a pretty good way to go about being b&hammered.)

Since nobody else is part of his cause and nobody really cares if he's a martyr or not, it may be best to accommodate him. It's really a win-win situation... he can whine about being banned and pretend that people actually play his mod, we can carry on in relative peace.
Tired

Post by Tired »

You're lecturing about morality and ethics when I doubt you even have an objective understanding of what constitutes your own morality and ethics. What makes a thing right to you? An omnipotent power? Common consensus? Either case often leads to mass murder. =)

The problem best exemplified here is that many of the posters on this board are complete hypocrites. I happened to think that TA was a great game - happen to own a copy. I felt like playing Spring because it blatantly stole TA's content and made some of it better - good deal! Reg here happened to like a SupCom unit, so he blantantly stole it for his TA mod (put a lot of work into it too, poor chump Oo), and I in turn stole it from him. The point, for me, is that this whole game's an ethical dead zone, and I've never had great appreciation for the concept of intellectual property to begin with.

For you, Over, you're just the 15th n00b in this thread (or whatever - I've surely counted) to want to get a dose of popular outrage and be on the side that you perceive of as winning because you're too cowardly to stand on your own. Learn a life lesson early - the mob isn't always right, and they won't always side with you even if you spend all of your time sucking up and trying to fit in.

If you happen to feel that Reg is somehow due something for the work that he put into his stolen concept art, then am I not due something for the (albeit small amount of ~~) work that I put into stealing his model from him to bring to Spring?

Honestly, get no lover around here. =)

Return to “Game Development”