TA:WD

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Poll of the week: Should NATO and Mospact be devided into seperate countries?

Poll ended at 14 Jul 2006, 20:26

Yes, let's have 20.000 different races and a million units!
7%
Yes, but only split the up in factions like US and Canada, UK and Germany, etc.
56%
No! the sides need to say Binary! keep as it is.
14%
No, just make seperate factories for Bombers, Fighters and Helicopters.
9%
Yes, give the player a choice what country to play in game.
14%

Total votes: 43

GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Mospact Base
NATO base
T-80 killing Bradley
T-80 Cruising
Su-27 Patrolling the skies
F-14 flying over some M2A3's
Mi-28 doing a fly by.

TA:WD is updated to V 5 B65.1, this version is ballanced better and has some other improvements such as increased LOS on aircraft and increased radar range.

I will update this page in the case of further updates.
Last edited by GrOuNd_ZeRo on 07 Jul 2006, 20:26, edited 3 times in total.
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

Very nice GZ. I can't wait for a playable WD for spring! I will gladly help you test it if needs be!! any excuse to get hold of one of my favourite mods!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Looks great G_Z! :D

Maybe now you are free of the size limits of TA you will improve infantry/armour scaling :P :wink:
The Grand Poobah

Post by The Grand Poobah »

Hey, I'll gladly help you test too. It looks amazing, I can't wait.
Oh, and I can take screenshots for you, my computer can run Spring nicely at the highest settings (including shadows).
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Thanks ya'll!

I can play perfectly on most settings except shadows and the highest quality textures/anti-aliasing.

I usually play on 1024x768.

I build bases for both teams and I just order units to go to a certain spot and make them fight each other :D
tomcat ha

Post by tomcat ha »

nice nice.
Gabba

Post by Gabba »

The planes really look amazing. Now your modelling work really shows off! Keep it up G_Z.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Maestro made the T-80, the Su-27 and updated many of the textures on structures.

We are doing our best :)
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

That looks SO good. With mods like this, TASpring will take the world by storm. We can attack every genre! w00t!
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

ok i composed a music theme for TAWD:

http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/T ... 0theme.mp3

--------------------------------------------------------------------

and here are new sample buttons i made... @GZ do u like this style ?

version 1 (newer version)
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/apache.bmp
version 2
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/mig31.bmp

they worked in spring (i tested)

maybe it is possible to change the hole GUI in this style...

[edit] like this:
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/fake2.bmp

--------------------------------------------------------------------

i hate it.. why there isnt the 1:1 buildpic in spring -.- (62:46)
the buttons are empty... u can imagin how they look like with the buttons "mig31.bmp" or "apache.bmp" ^

http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/fake3.bmp

both pictures are fakes

[edit] sorry for the big bmps.. im short of time .. next time they will be jpg
Last edited by aTTacK on 04 Jun 2005, 19:04, edited 2 times in total.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Nice! Please PM me or post some more info on this mod since i haven't even played it before (e.g. Tech Tree, what resources r etc) :lol: looks like a budding game :-)
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

it is a semirealistic worldwar3-like scenerario with modern warfare
the ressources are energy and ore
units are soldiers(very cheap and fast dieing^^)/tanks(and long range rocket systems)/fighter(very many.. too many in my opinion)/bomber(they really RULE^^)/ships/submarines
no nukes; the commander is a tank with radar

here should be the most important facts:
http://www.tadesigners.com/users/wd/

@gz can u send me a working version of TAWD for spring via icq? how i can i extract the gaf textures from TAWD ? (i downloaded the gafbuilderpro.. but when i open a file there are no pictures o_O and it crashes..)
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Please note these screenshots are from a version not yet released.

I will send these files tomorrow on ICQ, please send me a PM as reminder :)

Maestro and I decided to focus on spring as much as possible.

I like the background of the GUI, the buttons for the units look alright but I dunno if they fit the theme though, Maestro did an excellent job at improving his build pictures, but there are so many buildings that yet need improvement of their buildpics.

I wouldn't mind seeing buildings in this similar style, however, i'd like to have them look like blueprints of some sort in perspective view, digital blueprint that look hi-tech, NATO's theme could be blue lines on a black background (or maybe vice versa) and Mospact would probably red on black.

The unit pictures should also look high-tech, almost photorealistic would be nice, maybe one half could be a blueprint, the other half would be the unit with textures and everything, and the blueprint and textures just blend together.

The only complaint I have with the soundtrack is it sounds very Super Nintendo-ish, I love the drums on the background, that's awesome, but some more convincing orchestra foreground music would be preferred.

I'm sorry if I sound demanding :) but I grealty appriciate your help!
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

ah ok i see... in my opinion it is very important that the productionpics are all in the same style...

nice ideas with the blueprint/photo-mix.. i will be on it when i have more time (fuck school atm^^)
The only complaint I have with the soundtrack is it sounds very Super Nintendo-ish, I love the drums on the background, that's awesome, but some more convincing orchestra foreground music would be preferred.
i think the flute on the foreground makes this nintendo-like image ... i will test it with other instruments / effects / filters

ur not the first one noticing this nintendoish style^^ its hard to make the instruments sound natural imo
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Sweet! Those looked really really cool! and also they struck me with a idea that would work realy good in Spring! Starship Troopers! The Mobile Infantry would be expensive and time consuming to build, because they would be equipped with their massive power amour and jet packs (from the book, not the movie). The Arachnids would have the massive plasma bugs, the flame thrower tanker bugs and the all purpose swarming Arachnids. The Bug buildings would pump out units out realy fast and cheaply! So it├óÔé¼Ôäós a swarm versus strong units, the classic fun! Also the MI would have bunkers, walls and orbital bombardments. The Bug├óÔé¼Ôäós would have subterranean tunnels where you build it at one spot of the map, then to another spot of the map and then a unit that is put in the first one will come out the second one!
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Don't forget the brain bug... :shock:

Bad things could happen if he knows you didn't throw him props...

*backs away*
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

<Zoombie was found weeks later, dead at his desk. His brains had been sucked out of his head by what seams to be a large syringe!)

But in all seriousness that actually would be a good addition to the game, having a brain bug! Cause see the MI could try to kill (or CAPTURE!) a brain bug. Mmm nets!

Also the Federation depicted in Starship troopers is a fascist utopia. They have a massive, limitlessly huge enemy that they can relentlessly dehumanizes (witch is easy cause they don├óÔé¼Ôäót even LOOK human) so, you can make a perfect fascist world. They won├óÔé¼Ôäót fight each other (as fascists left to their own device├óÔé¼Ôäós are prone to do!) because they will be fighting the bugs. You can also make them angry at the bugs, and so make sure that they don├óÔé¼Ôäót notice that you are controlling them! MHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This mod bears serious consideration, I think. It would be fun, cool and a good excuse to use some good old machine gun fire (none of that plasma/laser crap for me!)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

There was a ST mod started ages ago, prod Storm. :wink:
Storm

Post by Storm »

Yes, me, Dark Rain and Proud like a God started it, but never got far because A: close combat weapons work poorly in TA (and spring, since they are running the same .dll files), B: Because the gameplay would suck - there's only so much fun to do with about ten bug sorts, and marines with different helmets, C: Proud left, we never bothered to continue.

If you want machineguns, try any of the countless WWII mods.
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

kk back to the topic

im updated the textures of the a-10 aircraft
i will post screenshots tomoror... (how to toggle the ugly hitpoints over the units ?)

the new textures are double in size and 16bit colours.. should i reduce size and colours ? (would be very unnice^^)

it took nearly the hole day because i first had to understand the TA-utilies and make the textures working in spring

Return to “Game Development”