TA:WD - Page 33

TA:WD

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Poll of the week: Should NATO and Mospact be devided into seperate countries?

Poll ended at 14 Jul 2006, 20:26

Yes, let's have 20.000 different races and a million units!
7%
Yes, but only split the up in factions like US and Canada, UK and Germany, etc.
56%
No! the sides need to say Binary! keep as it is.
14%
No, just make seperate factories for Bombers, Fighters and Helicopters.
9%
Yes, give the player a choice what country to play in game.
14%

Total votes: 43

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

raikitsune wrote:
Charlemagne wrote:Larger army is an understatement. The Chinese armed forced outnumber the American (the 2nd largest) 2 to 1. Add paramilitary forced to that list and the Chinese have 7 times more manpower than the USA, and that is right now. Imagine what would happen if China would start conscripting people.
however as i noted before force projection is their current problem. It is all well and good having a massive army but if your supply lines dry up or you simply can't deliever troops to your itnended target then all the troops in the world are a waste :-)
Cheap infantry but expensive transports and all troops slower?
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I am uploading a new Beta version as we speak, hopefully it will transfer correctly.

this should correct problems with helicopters killing other aircraft, please not the AH-1Z King Cobra is armed with Sidewinder air to air missiles and will still have some capability VS other aircraft, Co-In aircraft can no longer attack air targets either.

I will post a link as soon as it's uploaded.

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3635

it can be downloaded right there, I will edit the original post just in case.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Neuralize wrote:Maestro, Ground_Zero, now that we know that you're both not dead.. what would you say if I (and maybe Nemo) took WD's content and made another mod, but didn't call it WD and gave you appropriate credit in the readme.. would you be okay with that?
ATM, A big no, sorry :(.
maestro

Post by maestro »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:I am uploading a new Beta version as we speak, hopefully it will transfer correctly.

this should correct problems with helicopters killing other aircraft, please not the AH-1Z King Cobra is armed with Sidewinder air to air missiles and will still have some capability VS other aircraft, Co-In aircraft can no longer attack air targets either.

I will post a link as soon as it's uploaded.

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=3635

it can be downloaded right there, I will edit the original post just in case.
GZ, I know at least two variant of AH-1 (as well as Apache) carry Sidewinder. The first variant is called 'Hasegawa' and the second called 'Tamiya' -- They belong to group '1/72' and '1/48' :lol:
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

maestro for the kill....
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

enjoyed mucking about with this lastnight only in singleplayer unfortunately but i had a nice iran iraq type war with the computer :)
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Charlemagne wrote:
BlackLiger wrote:What I'd like to see is the UK introduced... Split NATO into 2 forces. UK/Europe and US. That way, you've got the forces reduced slightly, but given more actual combat forces...
I would rather have the mod placed a few years into the future and star the European Union (or maybe Federation?) as one of the playables, together with China and the USA.
The difference is?

Russia, China, Europe (UK is PART of Europe ^_^) and USA....
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

The difference is?

It was implied that we should have two different NATOs. My suggestion is to have three different sides that actually could have a reason to fight. If you have NATO (USA) and NATO (Eurotrash), there would be no logical reason for them to fight each other, while the USA and fuutre European Federation could very well start jabbering at each other.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

It doesn't need to be amazingly realistic geez....
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Charlemagne wrote:
The difference is?

It was implied that we should have two different NATOs. My suggestion is to have three different sides that actually could have a reason to fight. If you have NATO (USA) and NATO (Eurotrash), there would be no logical reason for them to fight each other, while the USA and fuutre European Federation could very well start jabbering at each other.
Training scenarios. The UK and US militaries reguarly fight 'faked' battles in training. All this would be is Paintball version, but the tactical computer display (Ie the game interphase) would show administrative kills as real ones :P
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

We had plans to create factories for every country of NATO or atleast the most prominent but this got abandonned due to excessive clutter that it would create.

I don't like the fact that infantry is 100% American/Russian, i'd like to have British and Germans, Chinese and Brazillians.

in the WD world, NATO expanded to include Japan and Sweden.

Russia allied with the "axis of evil" countries such as China, India, Brazil and many of the former soviet block countries including Czechoslovakia.

but the question is, how do I add it without creating US riflemen, UK riflemen etc, the only thing that comes to my mind is splitting up the roles so that some countries have the LMG support role while others have the ATGM role.

Or I could go with the aircraft strategy and make it one happy clutter :P
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:We had plans to create factories for every country of NATO or atleast the most prominent but this got abandonned due to excessive clutter that it would create.

I don't like the fact that infantry is 100% American/Russian, i'd like to have British and Germans, Chinese and Brazillians.

Russia allied with the "axis of evil" countries such as China, India, Brazil and many of the former soviet block countries including Czechoslovakia.

but the question is, how do I add it without creating US riflemen, UK riflemen etc, the only thing that comes to my mind is splitting up the roles so that some countries have the LMG support role while others have the ATGM role.

Or reduce the clutter by seperating into individual nations. :P Which allows you to then have even more units!
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

That would be alot of nations lol, that would postpone WD development even further... :!:

I guess i'll have to start a poll.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

How the fuck is India on the axis of evil?

What ya talking about!?? O_O
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

Dragon45 wrote:How the fuck is India on the axis of evil?

What ya talking about!?? O_O
we're talking suspension of disbelief here.

Quite frankly i'd love to see it split into countrys even if some units are kept as they are for isntance the infantry for all nato i could live with being the same. But really alot of units are already in there. Germany for insance you have lets say: nato infantry, gepard, M60, M109, M113 (yeh i know the last three arn't in true active service anymore, Also did you heard about they're replacing the gepard!) leopard 2, MLRS, Tornados in both configs and eurofighter. (not sure on german air units so much i know my ground stuff a little better.)
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Well, India seems to be turning into a major ally of Russia lately, they are already business partners, I don't think they are far away from being allies, esspecially not in a WW3 type situation.

Gepard is going to be replaced but I used the dutch variant, the PRTL Cheetah which has some upgrades done by THALES/Signaal IIRC.

M60 is still in service with the national guard and the M113 is still used as an engineering vehicle but is not used in combat but probably would in a major conflict, esspecially on US soil.

-waits for the poll-
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

I'm all for splitting the teams, but make it large divisions. Three-four teams should be fine.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:We had plans to create factories for every country of NATO or atleast the most prominent but this got abandonned due to excessive clutter that it would create.

OR you could make the infantry seperate by making the sides seperate (Europe, US, China, Russia) and simply taking each rifleman and renaming him appropriately, and adjusting costs, without changing model (Chinese and Russian, US and European)

You'd end up with EU Rifleman, US GI, Russian Conscript, Chinese guardsman.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Hehe, i'll atleast edit the models for the guns and make new textures for each army...
Cronyx

Post by Cronyx »

<got bottom paged so i moved this>
Last edited by Cronyx on 08 Jul 2006, 23:32, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Game Development”