TA:WD - Page 43

TA:WD

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Poll of the week: Should NATO and Mospact be devided into seperate countries?

Poll ended at 14 Jul 2006, 20:26

Yes, let's have 20.000 different races and a million units!
7%
Yes, but only split the up in factions like US and Canada, UK and Germany, etc.
56%
No! the sides need to say Binary! keep as it is.
14%
No, just make seperate factories for Bombers, Fighters and Helicopters.
9%
Yes, give the player a choice what country to play in game.
14%

Total votes: 43

penticrack

Post by penticrack »

is there a working version for spring out there?
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

j5mello wrote:...also someone needs to go over the MOSPACT units and give units the amphibious tag that are amphibious in real life.
The problem is, those units (light vehicles like BRDM-2) aren't "amphibious" in Spring sence (they don't travel on the sea floor) - they are "upright=0 hovers" and that is currently not supported by the engine.
Of course, ALL the battle tanks have underwater driving equipment that allows them to go up to 5 meters deep, but that still is far from what Spring "amphibious" tag means.
maestro

Post by maestro »

T-80 isnt amphibious, just some 'deep fording' capability (after half hours seal holes and set the snorkel for 5m fording)...
The reason nothing is amphibious...
1st. In the past test it have a bad effect, BMP-3 being #1 frigate killer :o :shock:
2nd. Most Real amphibious vehicle usually aint capable to fire from water (except, perhaps, the evil 2s25)... not sure if that must be modeled though
3rd and main reason I want to wait if multiple speed well be possible in Spring engine. BMP speed on land probably up to 60+ kph but in water its speed mostly about 6 kph

Well, and these days Im beleaguered by models...
if someone can do neat UV map of my new 800 poly A-50 Mainstay model so I can paint it that will be great help :wink:
smoth

Post by smoth »

picture and model file?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

2nd. Most Real amphibious vehicle usually aint capable to fire from water (except, perhaps, the evil 2s25)... not sure if that must be modeled though
3rd and main reason I want to wait if multiple speed well be possible in Spring engine. BMP speed on land probably up to 60+ kph but in water its speed mostly about 6 kph
Both are possible in Spring
penticrack

Post by penticrack »

penticrack wrote:is there a working version for spring out there?
?
wally

Post by wally »

penticrack wrote:
penticrack wrote:is there a working version for spring out there?
?
I think that should work with latest spring:
http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=3635
maestro

Post by maestro »

FLOZi wrote:
Both are possible in Spring
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
floooooooooooooooooooooooooooozzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

how to do the 'move much slower on water' thing.... ??
Also I heard aircraft can landing over water already... have you tryi it ?
maybe time for 1944's a6m2n reisen/catalina and WD's Albatross & Chaika :)
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

using the new set MAX_SPEED in the script, and detecting being over water in the TA way using setSFXOccupy.
udm

Post by udm »

I'm really intrigued by this mod. I really like modern warfare

Maestro, if I helped out with modelling, what are the chances of ensuring they'll be in the game? I can use Lightwave, but I've never implemented my models in any game before. This would be a great opportunity to learn more about implementing models ingame

PM me for my previous works. This forum doesn't let me post up hyperlinks

Btw maestro, anda cakap malayu?
maestro

Post by maestro »

hi thx for the reply... Im Lightwave too :)
I dont 'cakap melayu' tetapi bicara dalam bahasa Indonesia, It is not melayu, Indonesia, Indonesia, Indonesia! :twisted:

Thx for the offering of the model, just send the sample model to my site...
to do model for Spring is easy...
the difference with non game modeling :
1. check the polycount WD use about 300-600 quad on average.
2. Spring only support one channel of texture, so forget about lightwave beauty of lightwave procedurals, self ilumination etc. All you do is UVmap the model and and paint single texture over it
3. Smoothing border (in Lightwave created by cut and paste model) not supported.
Instead it support 'smoothing group' a feature not supported by Lightwave so to make smoothing group you must physically cut and separate the model except you have an UVmapper PRO or other excellent UV mapping tools.... check my 'Upspring tutorial' for more info and sample
4. Dont forget who's the boss :P
udm

Post by udm »

Heh I'm not Malay, but I'm from Singapore and I've got Malay friends. I can only understand a bit of the language heheh

So I'll just model and send the file to you in .lwo? PM me your email, if you've got MSN Messenger, that'll be even better, we can chat through there. Yeah you and GZ are the bosses, but I'd like to contribute too in terms of new units and stuff
manored

Post by manored »

Nice mod! Did you ever tough about making it second world war based? Personally I think that a mod with ability limitations like the ones of world war 2 you be realy nice! :-)
udm

Post by udm »

FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

maestro

Post by maestro »

hi udm pm me your email too so I can send you examplee of WD model so you can check what level of detail is WD standard....
Also I hopes you can do UV map too (I can do the skin but too dont have time to spray UVmap :()

for my TAspring modeling tutorial you can download here
http://fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=4065
maestro

Post by maestro »

ps :
If you want we can add singapore Bionix too :)
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

You guys might consider contacting these guys for some of their models: http://mods.moddb.com/8478/real-war-mod/image-gallery/

M1128 Stryker MGS
M1126 Stryker ICV
M109A6 Paladin
BTR-90
M6 Linebacker
T-90A
M2A3 Bradley
J-10
J-11
[/img]
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Another sweet C&C:Vietnam mod has some models, too.

j5mello

Post by j5mello »

V:GO won't release their models. Some one asked earlier in the dev cycle and they said its not gonna happen.

As to RWM those look pretty complex i doubt they are just gonna hand them off no strings attached (or at all for that matter)

Return to “Game Development”