TA:WD - Page 3

TA:WD

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Poll of the week: Should NATO and Mospact be devided into seperate countries?

Poll ended at 14 Jul 2006, 20:26

Yes, let's have 20.000 different races and a million units!
7%
Yes, but only split the up in factions like US and Canada, UK and Germany, etc.
56%
No! the sides need to say Binary! keep as it is.
14%
No, just make seperate factories for Bombers, Fighters and Helicopters.
9%
Yes, give the player a choice what country to play in game.
14%

Total votes: 43

aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

updated:
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/T ... ssnow2.jpg

better with tex ? (i used perspective program...)

@g_z or maestro.. can u fix the model problems i marked on the jpg ?
is there a color in spring which is "transluent" ? (i would need it for the wheels...)
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

There is no transparant textures in Spring I believe which is a shame.

Most TA units are bottomless since it's not seen in game, that's why the A-10 doesn't have a bottom since it never makes barrel roles in OTA.

I am definitly planning to add bottoms to the most demanding units, especially helicopters and other VTOL type aircraft like the Harrier.

I am currently waiting for Spring to support alpha-textures, esspecially for flares and such.

How do you intend the the camo schemes will be used in game?
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

i dont know..

1. camo is mapchoosen (would be the best...but i dont know if it works)
2. 3 versions of TAWD (so u could switch between the camostyles)

its not much work to do the different styles if the texture is once done
it takes maybe 10minutes to change the colorsettings for the textures

@bottoms.. kk im count on you :P
aTTacK wrote: i had a idea... maybe it is possible to texture the unit only with camoflage and add details with decals like in "hammer" ... the Halflife editor (i made a few maps with it...)
... ?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Whats with the wheels being all wobbly?
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

maestro

Post by maestro »

hello attack

what software do you use ? (the one that show the way the texture maldeformed ? ) It might useful for me and that not 3do builder isn it ? where to dl ?

that problem happened in ota aswell but the model ingame looks so small that no one will notice

Me (and probably gz too) planned to remodel most of stuff as WD model isnt entirely suitable for spring.... I think about adding every single wheel object (can be as simple as single textured box) to my tanks, but probably it wont spin (make it spinning iseasy but spinning stuff eat alot of bandwidth)
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

this program
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/texture.jpg
IS the normal 3do builder with a wireframe texture

for the textures i use ipe4 (ulead photo express.. but the new versions really SUCK .. they are for computer noobs...) and photoshop (i think u know where to dl^^)

would be nice if u remodel the units
i could do the textures... i will upload screens from my 3 retextured units later

[edit]
units: hmmwv, losat, avenger
screens:
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/3green.jpg
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/hmmwv.jpg

pics from the new textures for the MLRS will follow
Last edited by aTTacK on 16 Jun 2005, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

WOWWW you outdone your self! that looks AWESOME!

Currently the M2HB machinegun on the HMMWV looks a bit huge because you could hardly make it out in OTA, so i'll resize that, i'll also add important details to the bottom of the unit, I will send you the updated models soon, I had some minor problems however with the back faces being visible, they overlap textures that are directly attached to the back of them, degrading visual appearences of flat faces like wings and such.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Arg. Detailed windshield wippers. That's going quite far. The hollowed underbelly ruins a bit the quality, and some Spring upgrade to number of textures will really be needed if all units are textured like that, but otherwise you're on your way to getting material on-par with modern commercial RTS.
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

i have got a problem with max/too big textures (u maybe know the error... i do NOT mean the one "blabla to big to fix in 2000x2000 something")

i dont know really the maximum.. but i had to convert them into 256colors again to avoid this error... but this isnt really noticeable imo (see screens.. that are 256color textures...)
GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:WOWWW you outdone your self! that looks AWESOME!

Currently the M2HB machinegun on the HMMWV looks a bit huge because you could hardly make it out in OTA, so i'll resize that, i'll also add important details to the bottom of the unit, I will send you the updated models soon, I had some minor problems however with the back faces being visible, they overlap textures that are directly attached to the back of them, degrading visual appearences of flat faces like wings and such.
waah stop! i changed some little things on the units to fix some textures
first download my 3dos... than change it
can i post them public ? if not come online in icq and msg me and i will send them to you
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Heh, I was giving a compliment Attack :)

Z, no shit they are hollow and low-poly, in OTA we never considdered the faces there would be used, but i'll go through the painstaking process of converting all the models to have visible bottoms and such.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Me (and probably gz too) planned to remodel most of stuff as WD model isnt entirely suitable for spring.... I think about adding every single wheel object (can be as simple as single textured box) to my tanks, but probably it wont spin (make it spinning iseasy but spinning stuff eat alot of bandwidth)
Just wanted to point out that spinning stuff doesn't have any impact on bandwidth in Spring.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Thanks for letting us know Fnordia :) that'd be awesome to include on the models.
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

here a many detailed pics from tanks:

http://tanxheaven.com/referencepictures.htm

i think i will use them for the textures... maybe GZ or maestro can use them too

im will post the m60-screens later today

[edit] @gz please rename the thread in "TA:WD"
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Excellent pics, i'll rename the topic since it pretty much turned into a TA:WD dedicated thread...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

why arent there any nukes?
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

@nukes t would destroy the gameplay of this mod imo

I´ve got anoying with this fucking error "to much/large textures" -_-

i reduced the most textures by the half of size (.. qualityloss) and converted ALL to 256colors.. but it doesnt work anyway -.-

the most textures are 96x96 or less in size (nearly like the ota textures...)
the biggest textures are 196 (only 1-2) and 128 in size... for example the windows of the hmmwv.. -.-

suggestions ?

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Yeah, that needs to be fixed, i'm quite annoyed...I really want to work on more detailed pictures with higher color debt...
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

its ok with 256 colors imo.. a normal eye doesnt see the difference but the size HAS to be at least 196x196 in size to make quality text.

new m60 textures:
M60 fighting:

normal view:
http://www.chryys.galacticgate.de/nKK/TAWD/m60.jpg
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

sexy man! those graphics are obscene...the lag you'd get online with randoms *shivers* if i dl this its gonna be a sp or playing with ppl i know only!!! those graphics are obsurd!!! keep up the good work

Return to “Game Development”