TA:WD - Page 9

TA:WD

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Poll of the week: Should NATO and Mospact be devided into seperate countries?

Poll ended at 14 Jul 2006, 20:26

Yes, let's have 20.000 different races and a million units!
7%
Yes, but only split the up in factions like US and Canada, UK and Germany, etc.
56%
No! the sides need to say Binary! keep as it is.
14%
No, just make seperate factories for Bombers, Fighters and Helicopters.
9%
Yes, give the player a choice what country to play in game.
14%

Total votes: 43

aGorm

Post by aGorm »

An octagonal wheel should only be 3 faces insted of 1... surly thats not gonna make the tank that much bigger? just 24 extra faces...

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

fixed img tags
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Looks awesome Maestro!

When Alpha textures are implimented I am going to add some crazy details to aircraft, including pilots and HUDs :D

Tanks could use an overhaul too on my side while you are working on it too.
maestro

Post by maestro »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:Looks awesome Maestro!

When Alpha textures are implimented I am going to add some crazy details to aircraft, including pilots and HUDs :D
But That would be overburden the PC and slow down the game to be as horrible as Warcraft III :(
Personally I dont like 1st person view feature in Spring too coz that often make ppl forget they play strategy game and not FPS and sometimes designers too forget this by adding too much poly....

but I manage to keep thing lower than 300polys ( that T-80 only 289 poly ;) )
maestro

Post by maestro »

aGorm wrote:An octagonal wheel should only be 3 faces insted of 1... surly thats not gonna make the tank that much bigger? just 24 extra faces...

aGorm
2 set of wheels.... 48 extra faces for Russian tank
2x10x3 -- 60 extra wheels for western tank
problem is I want every unit to use less than 300 poly so game wont slowdown even there is 580 unit on screen and I already use 270+ poly on other stuff
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Hopefully Alpha will be supported soon so we can add alpha to the edges of the roadwheels.
maestro

Post by maestro »

hi, is attack take a break
he didnt even reply my email :shock:
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I haven't seen him on in a long time...

I plan to release another Beta BTW since the current one is a little too buggy for my tastes.
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:I haven't seen him on in a long time...

I plan to release another Beta BTW since the current one is a little too buggy for my tastes.
When when when?!
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

When I feel it's a bit more bearable, I.E. get rid of all the missing texture errors.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

The missing texture error's arnt that bad to live with. In fact, i ususaly dont notice while i send wave after wave of my Mospac Conscripts at my enemy's base! It's really really entertaining and has a lot of blood invloved :lol:
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

i was in music-holidays in france (i play the piano)

but .. i replied your email maestro
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

Let me just say to you guys i've played TA:WD for a while now on the original TA aswell as spring and i just wanna thank you guys for making a quality mod! :-) keep up the great work!

Oh and a thought about water craft. Why not make a small navle option with things like RHIBs and PBRs (and the equivalant russian craft) Because as it is the water ways are strangely quiet. (just a suggestion not a demand)

Just played my first multiplayer game of WD with a freind and WOW it was cool played it on flooded desert. I was mospact i was suprise to find we both started out on the same side of the map it was rather confusing. So i decided to use that to my advantage (Cue human waves) 4 massive assaults later i've finally gotten my commander and some enginears to make a small base on the other side of the map and am producing tanks and the likes i feel the sudden need to defend the 1 way into my side of the map so i use sandbags anti tank barriers pillboxes anti tank pillboxes radar and artillery to defend it (it wasn't over the top i just felt nato might have somthing against me after all those human wave attacks. i launch another human wave at him this time doing a pincer movement with UAVs as a decor force just to his front to draw his troops out. it works kindof until i realise he has not build a MASSIVE line of artillery & pillboxes seems human waves are no longer an option. i'm ammasing more infantry for a nostalgic last human wave attack until shock horror a well co-ordinated nato assault starts a few sipers picking off my men i send them out to confron them only to be met by tanks and APCs. all my infantry die and then to cap it all his squad of recon guys appears from behind my infantry outpost and promptly destroys it. I'm a little agrevated by this so i decide to send a 24 strong force of T-74's to attack his base as soon as they cross the river however they are unter anti tank and artillery fire...... i decide to go to the good old methos of human waves with artillery backup. i'm in the process of building my artillery when BAM out of nowhere come Nato troops on my side i'm like what! how did they get there!!!!! They were i presume SEALs so i'm freeking out because my armys are way over on the other side of this land mass so before i can get there the troops have destroyed pretty much half my base i respond with pucuras (god i love em) all of which are shot down by his airdefenses i claim another victory to myself because well....... i dunno i just like claiming victorys. unfortunately at this point my freind had to go but he's promised another match soon probably tommorow.......... sorry to have typed all of that i just just quite excited that it worked and best of all it was an excellent game.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I'm happy to hear the Beta is enjoyable :)

Unfortunatly I don't have anyone to play with currently, besides my self and scripts.
Gunthahaha

Post by Gunthahaha »

I only played once with this mod in multiplayer, in the map Small Divide, and my friend took the middle very early :p

It was fun to send troops to breach the frontline and to locate enemy artillery, but my friend told me he prefered to play Act of War and he prefers the TA spirit :?

In fact he really thinks the Spring engine is not adapted for infantry.... yet ;)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Well tell him that... "This crazy guy on the froum's that i write in say's that Act of war is not his favoret game ever". But I once played this game of WD with my freind, whom i will call the Ape Decendend. Ape was building pill box's cause i was sending wave after wave of my own men at him. But at time wore on and he didnt do anything drastic, i grew complacent. Then the massive wave of tank's and airplane's rolled over my base.

MORAL: Do NOT become complacent!
Gunthahaha

Post by Gunthahaha »

It is just his opinion ;) And he doesn't play often Act of War...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Yeah... but something about AOW really bugged me. I really... cant...put...my...artillery... on it.
maestro

Post by maestro »

raikitsune wrote:Let me just say to you guys i've played TA:WD for a while now on the original TA aswell as spring and i just wanna thank you guys for making a quality mod! :-) keep up the great work!

Oh and a thought about water craft. Why not make a small navle option with things like RHIBs and PBRs (and the equivalant russian craft) Because as it is the water ways are strangely quiet. (just a suggestion not a demand)
Hi thx for the nice opinion :-)

http://www.angelfire.com/mh/maestro/screen.htm
(scroll down a lil)
There were all kind of ships for TA:WD

i were doing the ivan rogov when news about Spring come..... they will reimplemented somewhere in the future once ive done with else (Im currently finishing the t-80 + redo bmp3 + try some texturing on bmp3)
maestro

Post by maestro »

GrOuNd_ZeRo wrote:When I feel it's a bit more bearable, I.E. get rid of all the missing texture errors.
hi remove the mig-21, f-5 ill replace it with something else (they are no longer operation al soon)....

Also what if the new retextured unit (the texture set) put into different .hpi file ? this way we can slowly remove all ex-OTA texture and keep the texture on manageable number
Ill use 20 == 32x32 pixel texture at max for each unit so WD can have at least 200 unit.
(==32x32 mean comparable, so could also be 40 32x16 texture, or 16 32x32 pixel + 16 16x16 pixel or 1 64x64 pix texture plus 16 32x32 texture which will take the same total size in square pixel)

Return to “Game Development”