UVdrift

UVdrift

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

maestro

UVdrift

Post by maestro »

hello....
I got problem UV spring....
Am I the only one got UV shift ?
I means... the UV is accurate in other software but once go into upspring it seems it miss 2-4 pixel...
like this

and here is ... it seems the texture shifted 2 pixel too low?
anyone know how to get it right @ the first time ?
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Upspring has shit for texture service, overall. Its nothing to worry about, at all, it looks 20 times better in game.
Argh

Post by Argh »

1. Always, always, always allow for "bleed" around your uvs. In Spring, you need to use DDS with all the mipmap levels... this means that if you don't use "bleed" room around your uvs, you will see lines show up on the model at various zoom levels.

2. Don't worry about the uvs in UpSpring so much... just worry about what it looks like in UpSpring. The renderer is very close to Spring's now, aside from the lighting, so what you see there is what you're going to see in Spring, pretty much.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Hahaha... Lemme give ya an example. I saw it in UpSpring and it made me flip out.. I didn't think UpSpring would make it that bad looking...

But it did..

The left side is UpSpring and the right is in the engine's render.

Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I just test what my UV looks like in spring directly...

Return to “Game Development”