Features

Features

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Samoa

Features

Post by Samoa »

Everybody is looking forward to the urban tileset maps, and rampaging through a post armageddon city, but how will Spring implement features. From the only current features I've seen yet in game (the trees, and dragons teeth) all the features need to be modeled, correct me if I'm wrong Sy's. Now I'm no modeler myself, but the best I can see it is if these features are modeled ahead of time, we will be able to see them in games more quickly. So if some zealous person who is good at modeling could at least begin creating models for these features, I believe it would be a leap in the right direction.

If the Sy's or someone who knows would so kindly tell us what format these models need to be in to work correctly, it would be much appreciated.

On another note that deals with features, am I the only one who has played with AA and tried to build a bertha wall, but it is built only to dissapear? I believe this deals with this post, and hope it could be fixed the same way soon.
Rayden

Post by Rayden »

everything has to be modeled??? We have all the models from TA. Or do you mean something else?

I would like to see fixing of current features for total errorfree support of all custom units which has be done for old TA.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Most features in TA are not 3d models but images/sprites in GAF files, which includes nearly every single feature int he urban tileset and will have to be remodelled.
Samoa

Post by Samoa »

Alantai hit the nail on the head, the only things in OTA that were actually modeled was the units themselves, and the land itself if you consider that. All features will, as far as I can tell, need the be modeled, from the towering half destroyed buildings to the rusted, immobilized vehicles sitting in the streets (if the plan would be to recreate the same type of setting). Even the rocks and plants from mars, green, and any other tileset that contained any features would need to have their own models.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Dragon Teeth and wreckage are features, and have 3D model even in TA. Gnome has modelled some rocks for Spring a while ago. They're lost and forgotten now.

Return to “Map Creation”