We need more space maps! - Page 2

We need more space maps!

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

This isn't getting through to you...

Anyway, here is a concept for an East v West map, all the way to a 4v4 or even 6v6 if you're adventurous. Two minutes in MS Paint, 35 mexes per side, asymmetrical, this would need a good skybox. I was considering gas clouds for geothermal vents, but we can't make it look good.

The light blue spots are high intensity metal spots. The yellow boxes indicate features, preferably non-reclaimable wreckage from other universes or satellites.

If you're going to do this, do it right. Ask people for feature models, and use some. Get a nice skybox.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I can make skyboxes... However, I will not do it for opt.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

smoth if you dont get behind the balance of FF thats really not my problem and dont cares me. Really let this type of discussion out of this thread if you have nothing else to say... its at least the 5th time you spam this discussion in my FF threads! You didnt even tried the balancing of FF - not in the old versions and not in the actual version.
Cant you just get it that i dont care about the oppinion of ppl who tell the balance is crap after playing 1 or 2 games... Ask some good FF players about it and discuss with them but not here. If you loved good old FF just make it.. you can mod so its just a bit work for you. BUT: make your own thread PLEASE!

neddiedrow: that is a very good looking concept! I like it.. what size would it have? I suggest 30x30 or bigger (we never had a bigger map for FF).
Also you should put some geo vents on it... thats the only thing i miss on it :)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Well, whoever chooses to go along with it should probably make it 32x32. Geothermal spots are unrealistic in this context, considering that most small bodies lack an internal core, but you could make areas of ground textured with gas clouds exactly the footprint of a geothermal structure, and then put spots on those areas.
smoth

Post by smoth »

ho, ho, ho.... yeah.. dude you started it by attacking other mods. Also I TRIED to work with you back in the day and I WAS a regular FF PLAYER I hated many of the changes and the direction you were taking it. I SPOKE OUT and you IGNORED ME as invalid because I was not in your little group of people who sucked your virtual penis. I watched as you listened to your little sycophantic cult and turned the mod into rubbish.

I TO THIS DAY LIKE FF. It is not my fault that YOU cannot listen to feedback. You always fall back on the cop-out answer that I only played 1 or 2 games. That is a lie and a half. I used to play 8 hour long games of the mod in TA and I played it in spring also. I WAS an experienced player. I was not THE BEST PLAYER but then again, I do not play to win.

So you should have cared... because I DID PLAY more then two games. Giving a cop-out retort was easier then thinking though.

If you wasn't such a rigid self important ... person ... people would flock to help you! MYSELF INCLUDED! This is VERY valid! Optimus, I do not know who appointed you as god of all things FF and lord of ego but I am telling you they meant the guy behind you in line because you are wrong for the job. As far as balancing FF, oh I don't know I MIGHT HAVE my own mod, that OMYGOSH I made by myself.

Something you should ask yourself is why is that YOU of all people get my ire in bucket loads yet I am willing to help EVERYONE ELSE! You should ask why is it that people hate you so much. If you guessed it is because you do not listen to anyone and believe that you are the be all end all you would be correct.

NEDDIE, good luck, I will not help on this one. Smoth out.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

could some of the gentle admins just delete all posts in here which have nothing to do with mapping? Thanks a lot!

edit: btw MOST nearly all changes i made came from FF players.. good FF players, so not you. Sorry to say that.
Last edited by Optimus Prime on 26 Feb 2007, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

truth hurts, don't it.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

let me ask you one question: Why do you spend so much time into this crap FF mod if you have your own all owning Gundam mod? You are such a genius that the balancing there must be perfect! Why not make it even more perfect and more popular instad of wasting your time with crap mods like FF?
I mean everyone plays Gundam so isnt your efford needed there in gundam? Or is it already 100% ready and in gold status? Send me a copy please...

isnt it possible in my life that i post ONE single thread without you jumping out of a corner crying about FF? Perhaps you should go to a psychiatrist?

I think your main problem is that you cant accept that a simple human beeing didnt followed your order in the past by changing some values and that made you so angry that you cant get over it. Realy i think you should search a psychatrist.
The feedback i m following is not this forum (or at least not mainly) but the players i meet in game. So only because they didnt wrote their thoughts about the balancing in this forum doesnt mean that they didnt exist and are not helping me with balancing and other stuf... just 2 cents about you thinking i ignore all and everyone. Its just you because you cant discuss on a normal level like this thread proves again.
Last edited by Optimus Prime on 26 Feb 2007, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Optimus SHUT UP DUDE... I tried to work with you, and YOU wouldnt even listen to my attempts to add balance to the mod ever.. YOU DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE.. Dont tell me you do because I was there and YOU DIDNT LISTEN TO ME, and then went and did some of the crap I suggested later after I left in disgust because you would not let me have any input..

as for trolling..

Dude you dont see me coming into the forum and asking for EE specific maps, or smoth asking for gundam maps.. so dont act all self righteous because no one has leapt at your call to make FF maps..

its not like FF Needs to be played on FF maps..

additionally the entire time you were gone, I saw NO games of FF and I was on alot. It wasnt until recently that it has started to get play time, and it seems to me the bulk of the people playing it now are the "noobs" of spring.. can you find some of these "good" FF players cause I dont know where they are.. Only one I know of is Chapperal and having personally talked with him over teamtalk, he agrees that the balance of FF is rubbish..

The mod needs to be played on metal maps to not take an hour, beceause you need a minimum of like 200 metal income to get anywhere. The mod itself suffers from a massive Rock Paper Scissors syndrom.. and some units are awesome at one job and useless at all others.. These issues combined with the power of the defences and the amount of income required to do crap means you end up playing an hour to have your whole fleet killed because you built the wrong sort of ship..

As for people saying the mod looks pretty.. well I dont know where they are coming from, The models need a redo, the effects need a redo, the explosion generator system needs to be used period.. I know you can do this stuff..

As for not being able to run 2 mods, why did you make War Evo if your still not finished with FF, and or Why are you working on FF if your still not finished with War Evo..

Your post is basically a MAEK MAPS FOR ME KTHXBYE.. couple of people responded with either NO, or give us some concepts, or we dont really need em, and YOU GO AND INSULT XTA and neddie for NO reason when neddie was trying to be somewhat helpful.. and were trolling you?
grumpy_Bastard

Re: We need more space maps!

Post by grumpy_Bastard »

Optimus Prime wrote:A lot of ppl ask me over and over again for more space maps.
A lot of people, as in three?

Since you asked... Ill allow you to make your own space maps, but just this once.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

lol like i love it to discuss with you all :D.
You are lying so much i realy must *lol*. I listened a lot to you when we were working together! But sometimes you have to say no to ideas ppl have for the better of the mod.
But when we were working together you had just very rare time. I was working on the mod for 6 hours a day while you had perhaps 2 or less (in average of a week). Than you wrote me a PM where you told me that you dont have the time to work more on FF and that i do nearly all alone BUT that was not because i didnt listened to you but it was much more because you were online 1 hour a day and the rest of the day i worked alone on the mod.
You just couldnt accept to be just a second modder and wanted to start your own mod.
YOU NEVER GAVE ME ANY TIPS FOR BALANCING and i remember very good in the past that you didnt liked to play FF because you were so bad in it. I played perhaps 5 games with or against you and you were all but not a good FF player and therefore you never even tried to work on the balancing so dont tell things which are not true...
and some units are awesome at one job and useless at all others.. These issues combined with the power of the defences and the amount of income required to do crap means you end up playing an hour to have your whole fleet killed because you built the wrong sort of ship..
eh Fang? This is exactly what a RTS game shall be like...

btw Fang: i make mods because i love playing them.. thats why i made war evo and FF. I like them both like they are now and therefore i have time to play them.
manored

Post by manored »

Fanger wrote:Dude you dont see me coming into the forum and asking for EE specific maps, or smoth asking for gundam maps.. so dont act all self righteous because no one has leapt at your call to make FF maps..

Neither Gundam or EE need specific maps, and no one ever made a universal rule saying that you couldnt ask for maps for your mod.

FF do needs to be played on FF maps because in most other maps the metal balance gets wrong or the map is too small for FF (since AA defense needs high range they have it and finish up being used for artillery on small maps) or the map doesnt have the "small chunks of land pretty far away from each other" layout that is pretty cool to play with this mod.

And Fang and Smoth... if you have something personal against Optimus make a topic somewhere to try to discuss that with him or pm him, but dont keep posting off topic flaming then optimus already asked polite for you to make another topic if you wanna discuss that so he manage to keep his topic clean.
Last edited by manored on 26 Feb 2007, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

You didnt let me, I made some early on and you told me basically that I didnt know what the hell I was on about, and because I believed you I stopped making suggestions..
smoth

Post by smoth »

Optimus Prime wrote:let me ask you one question: Why do you spend so much time into this crap FF mod if you have your own all owning Gundam mod? You are such a genius that the balancing there must be perfect! Why not make it even more perfect and more popular instad of wasting your time with crap mods like FF?
Because I acknowledge that gundam is not perfect, not balanced but to the best it can be I ask and listen to people. I am still adding even more content and adding any new unit will throw balance. If you read my gundam threads you would see that the last thing I asked the players was what else CAN I balance. Not yet have I maintained that Gundam is perfect or even complete in the way of balance.

Although, I also do not give excuses when people do not "get" my economy but I do try to help them get it. If you read the 1.0 release you would see that. So stop making excuses. Just because your version of FF needed a major overhaul and the removal of all your added rubbish doesn't mean that people cannot get your economy because they lack skill or intelligence.

I can still play mods when I am not working on gundam and playing some FF would be an enjoyable thing. Hence why i care what you do to it. See you fail to understand that YOUR version is what I do not like. I am still a fan of FF just not your version.

Optimus Prime wrote:I mean everyone plays Gundam so isnt your efford needed there in gundam? Or is it already 100% ready and in gold status? Send me a copy please...
Noone plays gundam because there are so few games of it up. It is a real hassle to run games of anything other then BA or AA. I do not mind because I do not have a hard time finding a game of gundam when I want one. Attacking the popularity of a mod gets old, just because you lack any solid defense to the failure of your mod attacking my mod will not make your mod more sucessful.

I'll never be in gold status, once I finish these two sides I plan on expanding it further. It will likely keep growing untill I have more important things to do.
Optimus Prime wrote:isnt it possible in my life that i post ONE single thread without you jumping out of a corner crying about FF? Perhaps you should go to a psychiatrist?
attacking my mental stability does not enforce your argument. You could have just talked about the maps you need instead you attacked another mod. I felt discussion was open then to FF/other mod discussion.
Optimus Prime wrote:The feedback i m following is not this forum (or at least not mainly) but the players i meet in game.
So you used only people you met ingame. That doesn't really give you a good sample.
Optimus Prime wrote:So only because they didnt wrote their thoughts about the balancing in this forum doesnt mean that they didnt exist and are not helping me with balancing and other stuf... just 2 cents about you thinking i ignore all and everyone. Its just you because you cant discuss on a normal level like this thread proves again.
I am discussing on a normal level. Of course you are the one on the defensive since we are talking about psychological states. I am trying to get through the iron walls around your brain and sink some ideas into it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

manored wrote:
Fanger wrote:Dude you dont see me coming into the forum and asking for EE specific maps, or smoth asking for gundam maps.. so dont act all self righteous because no one has leapt at your call to make FF maps..

don't include me mannored I have yet to ask for a gundam specific map. Also, the EE specific stuff was made for fang at the request of someone else.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The E&E maps were made at my request.
manored

Post by manored »

smoth wrote:
manored wrote:

don't include me mannored I have yet to ask for a gundam specific map. Also, the EE specific stuff was made for fang at the request of someone else.
Wow so many messages where posted while i was editing that message i incidental sent before time? Impressive! (yeah, this means that you shouldnt get any conclusions from the old message you readed but from the one that is there now)

smoth wrote:I can still play mods when I am not working on gundam and playing some FF would be an enjoyable thing. Hence why i care what you do to it. See you fail to understand that YOUR version is what I do not like. I am still a fan of FF just not your version.
I think that he just doesnt cares for the fact you dont like his version... :P
Last edited by manored on 26 Feb 2007, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

Errrr Optimus Prime,
ur dissing XTA, calling Smoth & Fanger lying, glory hunters and recon everybody needs to see a psychiatrist. Erm dude have u read this forum from an outsiders point of view?

The popularity of FF is that i had to ask to be reminded what it was called (soz i just love xta to much) to say Xta is not a mod is down right insulting. Xta has grown from 1/5th of AA/BA played mods to just under half. Do urself a favour and ask urself...

1) Why has FF almost disappeared...

2) Why do the 2 most respectable modders in spring think ur a complete jerk.....

3) Why u have to resort to thinking that there is a conspiracy against you/FF and we all need to see mental therapists....

4) Why u need to diss other mods (despite ur self contradiction).....

5) Why ur views of other people propel such posts from people from the likes of myself and others..

6) No one is defending you (neddiedrow being uber nice as per)

7) U have cut urself off from the aid of Smoth and possible others from your attitude and self richousness!

I personally know next to nothing about FF apart from its currant modder and what i have seen here. You are desperately trying to take the moral high ground here but the more u try the more u look like a jerk.

Do yourself a favour and no matter what u may believe listen to what Fanger and Smoth have to say........

If your going to flame other mods/modders explain why and have backup (perhaps more than just what u have to say and someone else who has to say the same thing ....?) not just ur word against the some of the modding community who have proven themselves to be fan conscious, and helpful where-ever possible.

In short.....rethink what u r doing to ur mods versions, the ff community, and also leaving urself in the lurch if u find urself stuck with no friends to turn to. You single handily turned this into the world against you........u r the sole person to blame. SO sort urself out !

P.s
Amaised at neddiedrow's tolerance to your arrogance

p.p.s
Cheers for what u said about Xta smoth :-) +1 for what peet said

P.p.s
As i have next to no time for such trolling; im ditching this forum for better things. L8ers all :wink: :-) :-)
smoth

Post by smoth »

lol, I did not really respond fast I was done watching tv and responded to opt then saw your response sorry about that.

As far as gundam specific maps. It plays well on 20X20 maps. Thing is that this thread was largely ignored until optimus decided to turn on the gas and wait for an open spark. You might not have a lot of love for me but to say that I was the head of this current heated discussion is not true.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'm also playing with a few more concepts, just for the adventurous mapper who wants a project.

Return to “Map Creation”