Problem...

Problem...

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Storm

Problem...

Post by Storm »

Certain maps seem to display no water. The terrain shifts to blue, but the water color doesn't show. I see the rings and stuff when I shoot at it, but then it turns transparent again. This shows on Metalheck, Metalheck 2 and Redheaven out of those I tried. Strange thing it DID show up before and then stopped. It has nothing to do with the .smd file either because I copied info back and forth, without result.
SJ

Post by SJ »

If you have reflective water on and all the map is higher than 20 at the start the water will turn itself off for performace reasons. So when you dig down below 0 there will be no water surface to see. Might program something to detect this in the future.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

These are supposed to be waterless map, aren't they? I've never seen water in the bottom of craters in Redhaven, I guess changing the height from 0 255 to 1000 1255 or something like that could help.
CaptainExo

Post by CaptainExo »

zwzsg wrote:These are supposed to be waterless map, aren't they? I've never seen water in the bottom of craters in Redhaven, I guess changing the height from 0 255 to 1000 1255 or something like that could help.
As soon as a crater goes below an engine defined level, there will be water in it. There's also invisible water on Small Divide's craters, if you dig deep enough.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

on mars if I put water craters in I get errors, where fi I can see offmap I cant see the water

Return to “Map Creation”