An Idea that I could never make fly.....

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Keithus

Post by Keithus »

This is just an idea, I thought I would post it as I really cant see myself becomming proficient enough at mapping and modelling in the near future.

Two ruined cities oppostie each other on a fairly large map with mountain ranges in between.....Some of the ranges would only be passable with kbots....... Metal will be available in two ways..... Reclaiming the ruins of buildings and stuff AND Strategic mining outpostswhere you can build metal extractors........ Say about eight of Mining outposts.......The mining outposts would be metal rich, each providing like +25 metal with a moho and and +10 with a normal metal extractor....... The mining outposts would be distributed around the map fairly evenly with say four in between the two cities and the other four distruted behind the two cities.........This would mean that both teams would have two secureish mining outposts each and they would have to contend for the other four making raiding a good idea..........The outposts would be mounted onto the side of mountains and make to look as if they had prevously been used with a few buildings each and some sort of object that was made to look like a tunnel into the mountain........ The mining outposts would beopen other than the mountains that they were on with readily availible access to from the cities.......

Its all just a dream and I can see it clearly in my head. I arent sure if I have made it clear whats actually going on inside my head. There may be maps like this already but i am fairly limited on my download bandwidth as I live in a rural area where only 56k is available
:x thus meaning i dont really downlaod many maps unless they are really popular.

The idea of this post was perhaps to inspire someone who was looking for ideas for something to map and at the same time I myself get a map I would love to play on :P .
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

I could imagine a layout for that kind of map, sounds pretty cool to me tbh.
However placing the features for the cities will be hell, at least if they have to be organized and tight. A loosley packed village/smalltowm would be much easier.

Ill run this through my head...
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

sorry i can`t do it.. i have other things to work on,

Floating Citys are possible.. Moutain Range also (as long as you dont Mind it ends in a Void Water... well Reclaimable Buildings... ah.. oh... we have one good looking House from Smoth, snowy Buildings from Lathan (which would fit great on a Moutaintop)... Can you post a Picture ?
Keithus

Post by Keithus »

Yeah Lathan would be the man for the job with all the buildings and mine stuff.

It doesnt have to be done with mountains, perhaps canyons desert style, mines in the desert seem like a coolish idea. More to the point it doesnt matter soo much as to what the landscape is but rather the layout of the map.

Anyhow just trying to keep the thread alive a couple of days to see if someone will take up the job :P .
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Hmm, yeah.
Ive done desert-mesa style maps, see the Mapping forum, zenithmesas (unfinished), and search for RedPlague(nice 1v1)

Return to “Map Creation”