CorePyramid

CorePyramid

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Gurkha

CorePyramid

Post by Gurkha »

Is it yours aGorm?

I've had it loafing about on my HD for a few weeks and finally played it on Friday, and nearly fell off my chair when I noticed that the pyramid is textured with my metal texture.
I thought it had been totally forgotten about, consigned to the trashbin of history as it were, but it's alive and well in a very good map. w00t.

Although I agree with Noize, a litte more water wouldn't hurt and the extracter distance could use a little reduction (so that 4 extractors can be placed on the pyramid).

-Gurkha
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Yhe, I could never remeber who i got that texture off... Thanks dude! I had to do a bit of resizing... its about half the res of yours.

Realy i need to remake it, seeing as it was done befor i had all my new skills... Was thinking of making a version with multiple prymaids and vast seas between, for a land come sea tstyle thing. And i could use featuers to make it look far more pucker.

Amazed someones actully played it :-)

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

mwha I posted tons of screenshots of NTAI 0.1 on that map, I even used it in the latest installer as eyecandy.

If you do a big version with lots of sea and multiple pyramids, dont just have 4 identical islands, make it a little interesting and connect some up, maybe have smaller islands with things like obelisks as landmarks, perhaps a small mountain with a small fortress in it thats not big enough to build a base in but provides cover, but not near a startpos etc...
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

AF, come on you know me by now... do you realy think id be cheap enough to just copy and paste the same island 4 times???

aGorm
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Well, you could mirror it :D
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

No but I was half expecting you to make something moderately better and then wow us by plonking a load of amazing things over the top
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Actully... Ive been thinking about this all day and once large features are fixed i have a very good idea of what ill be doing... (And it will be sepctaculare indead).

For now though.... I must finsh aftershock! Just need some rocks and i think i can call it done.

and a few test plays online.

aGorm
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

ATTACK OF THE INDEAD!

Return to “Map Creation”