Base map package

Base map package

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Beherith

Base map package

Post by Beherith »

I see there have been recent advancements w.r.t. lua mapdefs, lua metal spots, geo widgets, custom shaped startboxen, dynamic player start positions, and anything else I may have overlooked.

I plan on updating a few of my more popular/outdated maps, and I would like for someone to link me to a map that contains as much as possible of the above.
Silentwings

Re: Base map package

Post by Silentwings »

How about starting a github repo for it, structured as an example map, maybe with some simple tex/heightmap? Probably the principle should be to include a library of lua stuff that might be wanted by a particular map, rather than to be a base that is always used?

I'll add the dynamic startpos/mex/geo stuff, plus a load of mex/geo decals.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Is this deprecated or just outdated?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26028
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It's neither, although maybe a bit outdated - but that doesn't contain a lot of the non-compulsory things that you wanted, and it does contain some optional things that you didn't mention, and which many maps don't include.

For the ffa startpoints: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31849 and the example map in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31849#p556097.

Some map making helper widgets: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36747

Dynamic mex: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36755

Return to “Map Creation”