MapMod

MapMod

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

wolas

MapMod

Post by wolas »

Hello,
In 104 there were some changes(VFS something) and now I no longer can simply "overwrite" game files for example a simple picture in unitpics or script. I m using jk-blueprint(my older maps no longer works).

What is quickest way to make them work again? I tried setting in mapinfo mutator = "1" but it didint work.

https://springrts.com/wiki/VirtualFileSystem this still says it should work?
Silentwings

Re: MapMod

Post by Silentwings »

I've also noticed this - map files do not overwrite game files anymore. (I mostly think that its better this way, although one irritation I've found is that maps no longer get an opportunity to run _post stuff of their own.)

I don't think there is an easy way to get the old behaviour back but, if the filenames don't overlap, files from the map will still be loaded into the VFS.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: MapMod

Post by PicassoCT »

In the year of the lord the mapper rebellion was ended. No longet shall the plebs toiling at the ground beneath our feet be able to rebel against the god instated world order. No power taxation without engine dev representation! God shave the queen!

Return to “Map Creation”