Color Comliments

Color Comliments

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Color Comliments

Post by PicassoCT »

Well, long story short, it was late, i was lying on my back, on the floor, drunken, ashamed, in one hand the razor, in the other a bundle of hair - and i said to myself.
"This is how you want to go?
Low,miserable, and cold - and all just, because for one fleeting moment, one shitty drunken hour,
you thought it was a good idea to shave the flokati?"

So i decided to turn my life around and do something usefool.
I decided to take revenge.
I decided to become.
A critic.
Schemin.
Plotting.
Colorscheming, and graph plotting.
To make it short, i find the lack of complimentary coloruse in mapping disturbing.
Do it.
ColorCorrected2.jpg
(592.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ColSchemeOne.jpg
(616.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
http://paletton.com/#uid=70E0u1kjnhUb8r ... mhnFeqsW9E
Beherith

Re: Color Comliments

Post by Beherith »

I usually try to use the photoshop color replacer tool on features to try to match them with the map texture. Then I load it up in spring and it looks like trash :(

Also, on the first shot, which one is yours?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Controlling map environment colors can be difficult. For example, who would think intuitively that water plane color changes the color of the area surrounding the map?

Moreover, if your map has water and you want a different base color, you have to change water plane color, which changes the color of your water which will be totally inconsistent with the 10 different types of water in spring (which is one reason why I design everything to look good with water /3 because it works on amd and nvidia, looks nice, and fuck all the rest).

I don't disagree, but just understand there is a lot more nuance to it. Much of the time, one value will affect several others.
code_man

Post by code_man »

PicassoCT wrote:Well, long story short, it was late, i was lying on my back, on the floor, drunken, ashamed, in one hand the razor, in the other a bundle of hair - and i said to myself.
"This is how you want to go?
Low,miserable, and cold - and all just, because for one fleeting moment, one shitty drunken hour,
you thought it was a good idea to shave the flokati?"

So i decided to turn my life around and do something usefool.
I decided to take revenge.
I decided to become.
A critic.
Schemin.
Plotting.
Colorscheming, and graph plotting.
To make it short, i find the lack of complimentary coloruse in mapping disturbing.
Do it.
ColorCorrected2.jpg
ColSchemeOne.jpg
http://paletton.com/#uid=70E0u1kjnhUb8r ... mhnFeqsW9E
Ah yes i know those feels.
I did the same with SME and now i have even more problems.

Tough i have no idea what this thread is about, but looks nice.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Beherith wrote:I usually try to use the photoshop color replacer tool on features to try to match them with the map texture. Then I load it up in spring and it looks like trash :(

Also, on the first shot, which one is yours?
Right one.
Don't feel singled out- your maps standalone (only the terrain) fit together well. :D
Its the color of the sky, the water and the grass, that could be more adapted to human visibility sensibilitys.

Return to “Map Creation”