Absolution

Absolution

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Cheesecan
Posts: 1571
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 21:30

Absolution

Post by Cheesecan »

Image
Found this lying around and decided to finish it.
User avatar
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer
Posts: 6193
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 01:14

Re: Absolution

Post by FLOZi »

Looks very pretty in the shots, will grab later :-)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer
Posts: 1203
Joined: 29 May 2010, 23:40

Re: Absolution

Post by dansan »

I just played RoboDef on it. Look really nice and was very nice to play on. I can imagine huge FFA or team matches.
User avatar
Anarchid
Posts: 1383
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 04:31

Re: Absolution

Post by Anarchid »

Would be very nice if you could tone down the specular a bit.

Since map is perfectly flat and high-specular, grass looks like it's plastic-wrapped.

Or you could invert it! Then cliffs will be glossy, and the grass matte.
User avatar
Cheesecan
Posts: 1571
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 21:30

Re: Absolution

Post by Cheesecan »

FLOZi wrote:Looks very pretty in the shots, will grab later :-)
dansan wrote:I just played RoboDef on it. Look really nice and was very nice to play on. I can imagine huge FFA or team matches.
Thanks a lot!
Anarchid wrote:Would be very nice if you could tone down the specular a bit.

Since map is perfectly flat and high-specular, grass looks like it's plastic-wrapped.

Or you could invert it! Then cliffs will be glossy, and the grass matte.
Looks normal to me in top-down, are you saying that based on the screenshot or ingame?
User avatar
Anarchid
Posts: 1383
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 04:31

Re: Absolution

Post by Anarchid »

I'm just blatantly assuming it's the same climate as on Quicksilver.

Top-down it's not shiny, but in most cases camera is not top-down, but tilted between 40 and 80 degrees, and that's where it starts to show, with the perfect flatness only helping the plastic feel.
Post Reply

Return to “Map Creation”