SMF - SSMF help

SMF - SSMF help

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

daryl

SMF - SSMF help

Post by daryl »

hi all...
I'm trying to create a TEST map using splattex.. and I have some problem with RGBA channels...
anyone can help me?? what I wrong??

so...
I created with Gimp the splattex.tga 1024x1024 file:
For this test I used:
RED channel for diagonal lines
Green channel for horizontal lines
Blue channel for vertical lines...

I created with Gimp the splatmap.tga 1024x1024 file:
the three squares are in respective RGB channel...

this is the final result:
in the map there are three areas when appear the three correct lines in the textures (in white)... but in the texture there are also black lines... why?? how can I hide black lines??
jK
Spring Developer

Re: SMF - SSMF help

Post by jK »

daryl wrote:in the map there are three areas when appear the three correct lines in the textures (in white)... but in the texture there are also black lines... why?? how can I hide black lines??
You forgot the A in RGBA, it is a channel too
qray

Post by qray »

As jK already said, the black lines are from the alpha channel.

If you put the "squares" in your splatmap in different layers and adjust the transparency of the layers you can adjust the effect per region and see the effect on the black lines resp. the texture from the alpha channel. (you can of course also adjust overall transparency, but with layers you maybe see the difference easier)

To work on the RGBA channels in your splattex separately use "decompose" to images, or layers, (under "color" -> "components" I think) and recompose when done.
daryl

Post by daryl »

qray wrote:As jK already said, the black lines are from the alpha channel.

If you put the "squares" in your splatmap in different layers and adjust the transparency of the layers you can adjust the effect per region and see the effect on the black lines resp. the texture from the alpha channel. (you can of course also adjust overall transparency, but with layers you maybe see the difference easier)

To work on the RGBA channels in your splattex separately use "decompose" to images, or layers, (under "color" -> "components" I think) and recompose when done.

mmm ... ok I will try this evening and I will report to you results... :)

thx a lot!
daryl

Post by daryl »

qray wrote:As jK already said, the black lines are from the alpha channel.

Thank you for your comment!! now splat texture work correctly!!
:-) :-) :-)

Return to “Map Creation”