Metal Map im working on

Metal Map im working on

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Tangaroa

Metal Map im working on

Post by Tangaroa »

Well, ive always wanted to make a map for TA with shallow water, abe before now, you had to render any shallow water you wanted in a 3d renderer, pretty much, it wasnt really doable, at least, not easily, and with mapmaking for TA Spring, it is, and its easy, too.

This is far from finished, before I finish it, I need to double the size or so (and I need to reinstall windows to do that, mapconv on wine will not make maps larger than 8 by 8 for me, it seems) and use the original heightmap which was 45 degrees to the current one, and it needs finetuning and such.

Thanks to zswsg for letting me use the SMD details and skypox from CPIA, I modified the SMD details to make the shallow water look better, and will modify them more as I am not quite satisfied with the angle of light.

Still, here is the screenshot:

I will include the heigntmap in SVG format (a vector graphic format, absolutely great for making metal maps) with the finished map, for anyone else who wants to do something with it.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Looks interesting. Is it going to be a metal rich metal map, like CPIA, or a low metal metal map that people might actually play?
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

Rich metal map, I make maps that I like to play on, primarilly.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Well dont expect everyone to like it. I will probably play it, but not everyone will.
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

I dont expect everyone to play it, but I will play on it, untill I get bored of it and make a new one.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

looks like a good candidate for the new map for the rgular games with me and my mates castles is while good fun a little predictable now.

Return to “Map Creation”