DSD T1 ONLY - Page 2

DSD T1 ONLY

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Re: DSD T1 ONLY

Post by Gota »

It's pooh..
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

CarRepairer wrote:
Pxtl wrote:(a) joining if you don't have the mod
SD lets you join any battle you wish. It will get the mod and map for you upon joining.
Until it fails at getting either and kicks you out of the battle... That really needs to be fixed. Especially when springie knows where the map is but SD can't find it.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

I think since balanced annihilation have no campain to learn units step by step, play nub games with only T1 is not totally stupid to learn basics... many guys made krog and still dont know how to use a fucking flea.
We should try to understand why new players have such questions instead of blaming them for their stupidity.

I think that new players shouldnt be allowed to make T2, and metal makers, then u would enable more buildings, then after 100 hours u would have all stuff enable, smurf would smurf less :D, nubs would learn basic fasters, and would play in a better way etc.. rank would be usefull, there would be peace in the world and snow bears would be safe.

peace XD
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

triton wrote:I think since balanced annihilation have no campain to learn units step by step, play nub games with only T1 is not totally stupid to learn basics... many guys made krog and still dont know how to use a fucking flea.
We should try to understand why new players have such questions instead of blaming them for their stupidity.

I think that new players shouldnt be allowed to make T2, and metal makers, then u would enable more buildings, then after 100 hours u would have all stuff enable, smurf would smurf less :D, nubs would learn basic fasters, and would play in a better way etc.. rank would be usefull, there would be peace in the world and snow bears would be safe.

peace XD
Or maybe they just shouldnt play 8v8 :P
mildarf

Post by mildarf »

I just want to have fun. It's boring to play always BA (original). Why people play other mods? They just want any variety. Nothing else.
So, it's mapping thread, and I wish to receive mapping and modding answers (scripts?? COB/BOS/LUA??), instead of organizational (hosting, etc).
triton wrote:I think since balanced annihilation have no campain to learn units step by step, play nub games with only T1 is not totally stupid to learn basics... many guys made krog and still dont know how to use a fucking flea.
I consider that is correct too. :roll:
B: You have not demonstrated the basic understanding of mapping I would expect would be needed for someone who wished to make a map, let along a map mutator... so what you are probably going to do is release a hack of the of the original and mappers hate that... in this case the guy who made DSD probably doesn't care... but whatever.
Okay, okay, I dont want to anger the guy who made DSD, I will not touch DSD, I have my stupid map BattleCity-v1. (For example) :-)
@mildarf Yes it is possible to do what you are trying to do with some relatively simple fiddling about with certain files and making either a map-mutator or whatever...
How to do that?
mildarf

Post by mildarf »

It might explain something that his avatar is russian bear who is scratching his head and looking baffled.
It's pooh..
Yes, It is russian Mutator of Winnie the pooh :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQgnURAFEI
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I dont want to call you an idiot but if you are bored of BA DSD, why dont you play a different map on a different mod instead of just mangling BA & DSD?
mildarf

Post by mildarf »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I dont want to call you an idiot but if you are bored of BA DSD, why dont you play a different map on a different mod instead of just mangling BA & DSD?
LOL I dont want to call you an idiot too :mrgreen:

I know that the map can contain the scripts reversing an mod. I am asking in this thread, how to realize some little changes. BA & DSD for example.

I you dont know how to manage scripts just don't aswer. It is not necessary for philosophy, only technical answers.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Anyhow, the DSD Special thing was considered very rude and bad form. Bundling a mod into a map misleads players about what the game they are going to play. If they see "BA" in the bod box, they have a reasonable expectaion of playing BA. The ability to load scripts and whatnot into the map was intended for things like native creatures and special map features - it was never intended to bundle a mod into a map.

However, realistically, there are reasons that DSD Special was made. The spring engine and lobbies have a huge disencentive to trying new mods - autohosts can't switch mods without a rehost, and most popular lobbies don't let players join a host. If a player could simply say !votemod MyBAT1Mutator, it might not be so hard to play mutator.

But really, this task _should_ be solved either with a mutator or even with an autohost-based script that will block all the T2 labs.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Pxtl wrote:But really, this task _should_ be solved either with a mutator or even with an autohost-based script that will block all the T2 labs.
No seriously

just block the lab units... Dont need no scripts for that.
mildarf

Post by mildarf »

YAY! The map is ready!

Download (16.8MB):
http://springfiles.com/2591

What I've done:
1. uncompress maps/DeltaSiegeDry.sd7
2. uncompress mods/BA712.sd7
3. copy file mods/BA712/gamedata/sidedata.tdf to maps/gamedata/sidedata.tdf
4. read page http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?side=arm&MOD=ba712
5. restrict canbuild=[armaap, armalab, armasy, armavp]
6. read page http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?side=core&MOD=ba712
7. restrict canbuild=[coraap, coralab, corasy, coravp]
8. rename .smd & .smf files to DSD_BA_T1_ONLY
9. compress folders /maps & /gamedata to DSD_BA_T1_ONLY.sd7

It was so easy!
Enjoy! =)
Gota

Post by Gota »

NICE!!! so we can make a hole in the ground,make seaplane platform and build t2 mexes!
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

JohannesH wrote:
Pxtl wrote:But really, this task _should_ be solved either with a mutator or even with an autohost-based script that will block all the T2 labs.
No seriously

just block the lab units... Dont need no scripts for that.
mildarf

Post by mildarf »

Gota wrote:NICE!!! so we can make a hole in the ground,make seaplane platform and build t2 mexes!
cool idea :mrgreen:
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Im a bit rude now, so first I'll congratulate of the work you done, but ultimately the congratulations is about one of the uselest work done in a while. Maybe next time you contribute you could do something more reasonable...
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

let people play whatever they want
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

hunterw wrote:let people play whatever they want
Ack. That's what they do already. No change needed.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

CarRepairer wrote:
JohannesH wrote:just block the lab units...
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

peace XD
I second this, sounds like a good idea.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I offered this ages ago and i still support this idea.
UNits should unlock as rank progresses.
Thing is this probably has to be done modside.

This will in some ways combat smurfing.
I alos suggest limiting newbie players to smaller games and as rank progresses allow them to play bigger games.

Return to “Map Creation”