featuremap.

featuremap.

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

featuremap.

Post by Gota »

I made a 14x14 map.It's texturemap is 7168x7186 pixels.
Its feature map is 896x896.I used rgb 0,0,212 (green) to place trees using a one pixel dot to place them.
My metal map is 897x897 and hightmap the same of course.
I use tasmapmaker which i used before and everything worked fine.
i succesfully placed geo vents but this is my first map with trees and they just wont show up.
Is there something im missing?something i need to add?what about tree models?do i need to add them or are they outomaticly generated..
Dead.Rabit

Re: featuremap.

Post by Dead.Rabit »

if your using mothers mapconv, i believe the trees provided are either built into spring or mothers mapconv, (there was an argument about this at some point n i forget the answer) anyway, im pretty sure that tree placement and custom features is red colours though dont quote me its a long time since i made a map, check the wiki

try compiling it with a blank feature map to actually decide if its the feature map, there are 101 sworn tricks to make mapconv compile their featuremaps, jus search the forum.
Dead.Rabit
Gota

Post by Gota »

Iv solved the problem.
I dont know how the new mapconv works but the old one,the one i used had a problem if the water level was very clsoe the the ground on which the trees were meant ot be placed.I lowered water levels a bit and problem was solved.
user

Post by user »

if the height of the trees is lower than 5, it removes all the trees.

on the new, just use ignoreheight; in the options file.

Return to “Map Creation”