where is the IMDN - Page 3

where is the IMDN

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

reguardless of what you think, #sy isn't necessary. If you were paying attention the devs responded to this thread... which means *OMG* you can communicate with them just fine.

There is no lack of communication.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I think his point is that we shouldnt have to post a thread every few days asking the same question to see if things have changed, nor should we have to keep asking devs on a regular basis, it should just be there pinned up somewhere and updated.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

monohouse wrote:if some developers would not provide necessary information for the other developers' (because they don't know what's going on, don't know the code (like me) or need to know what to do and how the main developers would like it to be done) it would not be possible to make significant and rapid progress in any direction, each developer does what he wants without assistance ("you *could* use char here", guidance ("duude "if (teh == "sux") then ..." won't work you should use "if (teh != "pwn") then ...") or discussion ("what you think of that ?", "do you think this is better ?", "maybe we should also include that here too ?")
One of the developers has spent quite a bit of time helping me learn lua. However, if I had behaved like some people (not naming names :roll: ) he would have told me to fuck off. The devs are not here to teach people how to code spring, and in fact time the spend teaching is time they don't have to code. If you want help from them you better go out of your way to thank them for the time they are spending with you and be pleasant to be around.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Whereas your speaking of a community, you yourself can do something to help.

You can help summarize whats happening in #sy that seems important and then ask questions then put it up for all to see.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

I think his point is that we shouldnt have to post a thread every few days asking the same question to see if things have changed, nor should we have to keep asking devs on a regular basis, it should just be there pinned up somewhere and updated.
That is in fact what's happening. trepan makes threads about his gui stuff, i made threads when i implemented sm3 stuff,etc... Every developer that makes something that others have to use post about it.
There is also the SVN log, the changelog.txt or the testing threads when a new big version is going to be released in some time.
If nothing is posted, then nothing is happening...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Not every developer.

Return to “Engine”