Map Converter

Map Converter

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Stealth870

Map Converter

Post by Stealth870 »

Few questions:

First off, is the source for hte mapconv open? I heard SY doesn't want to maintain it, so I'm wondering if its out for peopel to hack at?

Second, does TA Spring even support models/features in a map atm? Such as Gasplants, rocks, nodes?

And lastly, is there maybe a documentation on how to edit smd's better? Such as what I exactly have to put into the color value sections? :wink:

Thx :-)
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Answers to your questions:

yes

no

no
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Beh, color section is pretty clear. Just put Red Green Blue value from 0 to 1 (or maybe higher than 1 too?) and the name of the variable says what it applies to. It's like applying independent colored filtered on the parts of the map facing sun, on the parts of the map not facing fun, on the unit faces facing sun, on the unit faces not facing fun, etc.... Then you can't a have tutorial but must experiment to get values that suit you.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Spring proper support any sort of 3do based features, its just that no one has created any models for most features and that the mapconv utility doesnt support placing them.
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

Hmm...and I suppose its up to whoever works on it to figure out how to get it to place a 3do on the map? :D I'd be willing to try and model some features to try it out.

Would feature placement by like using a script in the Spring.exe? Where certain things are placed and such? If so, are the scripts integrated into spring, or are they external files we can have a look at?

also, this feature support, does it include like, its attributes of reclaimability for energy/metal?

Where can I get the source?

QUESTION!S : :lol:
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Dude, the source is available... see "downloads"

:P

I've been looking into it for awhile. It seems a list of simple x,y,z coord's for features, as well as the id of the feature, is the basics of what's needed.

Return to “Engine”