Bugfix release?

Bugfix release?

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Acidd_UK

Bugfix release?

Post by Acidd_UK »

What's everyones thoughts on a bugfix release? Not being able to play maps with water is slightly saddening...
Argh

Post by Argh »

It's coming, but ... I'd say, just hold on, the amount of stuff coming up in .74 will be worth the wait, frankly.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Thats what they said about this release. :(
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

It was worth the wait, in my opinion.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Agree with neddie, the lasers look pretty nice, plus a bunch of other stuff..
Argh

Post by Argh »

And if you want to help them find bugs... there's a development release every Commit now... just go get it and test to make sure the bug is gone.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

can you pm me a few days before a coming release so i can commit a newer aai version (0.78 is almost done, but i need some more days for fine tuning)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

what's new in AAI 0.78?

I think it would be a good idea to post a days warning minimum on the mailing list. A lot of stuff is dependent on the release of a new spring version and we usually end up with delays or a scramble to release and a botched release, because so far there's a habit of releasing suddenly with no warning.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

AF wrote: I think it would be a good idea to post a days warning minimum on the mailing list.
+1
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Trepan has some small stuff that will be done in 3 to 4 days, and betalord is still working on a lobby problem, but otherwise it's all done I think.

If you want better notification, it's probably best that you pm Yeha I guess.
The plan is to release a mingw based version btw
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Woooohooooo! :-D
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Cool, thanks for the info :-)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Thanks for the update. I'll have to get back into my TA fantasy world for a while and get the new AA version out.

Would you believe I managed to land a job (don't even say it, THAT's not the amazing part) where I set my own hours, I get full health benefits, there's profit sharing, and they're going to send me to school and give me an apprenticeship? And pays $1.50 TO START more per hour than I was looking for? And I have absolutely no experience in the field? And I haven't finished high school yet? AND they knew all this? :shock:

Life's so busy now :(

Return to “Engine”