0.73b1 test release 4, pretty much the final 0.73b1 version

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Another test release, includes a new TASClient (however betalord is fixing some graphical glitches, those don't have to be reported I guess).

Use the test/backup server "filehamster.net"

http://spring.clan-sy.com/dl/spring_0.73b1_dev.exe

Damn it, the list is already to long to show here, and I'm tired. For changes look at the svn log.
Last release was revision 2218, this one is 2296.

New TASClient is looking very nice btw, skins and better dialogs...

I've updated http://taspring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Projectiles.txt so it has Yeha's new stuff in it.
Last edited by jcnossen on 28 Sep 2006, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Sweet. Will test all this out asap. I totally hear you on the "tired".
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Looks pretty good, though the wait cursor appears to be missing.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

minimap on the left doesn't work.

also when using two screens (minimap on the other screen) my trees sometimes disappear:

rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Caydr wrote:Looks pretty good, though the wait cursor appears to be missing.
The build.bat in /trunk/installer/builddata/ needs to be updated.

Add "..\..\pkzip -add -dir=current ..\..\_temp.zip Anims\*" below the line which zips the bitmaps folder... that's why the Wait animation is missing.

And don't forget to compile the CBitmapMuzzleFlame class (unless you want it out), I'm using it. :)
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

My building frames dont flash. why was that removed?
Also, on sm3 maps, you see an ugly copy of the map in the water outside the playingfield..
trepan
Former Engine Dev

Post by trepan »

Comp1337
Try typing: /water 3 into the console
It does a refresh, which seems to cure it for me
(for the new refractive code, that is)

NOTE: Oops, that's probably unrelated. I get the
same problem with SMF maps when running with
the refractive water rendering setting. Dunno, might
help with your SM3 specific problem too :)
el_matarife

Re: 0.73b1 test release 4, pretty much the final 0.73b1 vers

Post by el_matarife »

jcnossen wrote:Another test release, includes a new TASClient (however betalord is fixing some graphical glitches, those don't have to be reported I guess).
The new TAS client ignores maps after the first one that come in a single file pack, since they have a duplicate checksum. This breaks DeltaSiege, MoonQ, Riverdale, etc. Might be some weird behavior with it grabbing minimaps for those maps too, but that might be me just not getting how it works.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Also the laser flares seem to be really bad looking.. is this simply because I dont have the latest bitmaps and such stored?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Wasn't that fixed? My latest compile didn't have any borked alpha in it...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

"Error at position -1 when loading fragment water program" (or very similar to that)

What might cause this? Never seen it before. It happened when I used the "/water" command several times.

~~~

Also I'm in filehamster.net about to start a game and I've noticed that team colors weren't automatically assigned.
Last edited by Caydr on 28 Sep 2006, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

i just tried multi display modus.

if my radar is on right display i cant move right until i reach end of second display and this is not practicable and zoom in zoom out with mousewheel is a bit hard^^ because you cant zoom on your radar because it zooms to the middle of your screen and this is between 2 displays ?!^^

maybe we need a second radar ;P one for zooming and one for watching income^^ or just some hotkeys to switch between the screens

or do i just need more mousespeed ? ;P
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

We have reached the edge of bat country...
Better get noize to confirm that, he's got two screens as well.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

perhaps a bit off topic.. but how do you specify where an aircraft should land on an airpad when refueling..? and can you specify its orientation..?
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

The new TAS client ignores maps after the first one that come in a single file pack, since they have a duplicate checksum. This breaks DeltaSiege, MoonQ, Riverdale, etc. Might be some weird behavior with it grabbing minimaps for those maps too, but that might be me just not getting how it works.
That is ok, from now on map archive files will only be allowed to contain 1 map per archive, this is to facilitate content site that we are writting (it would be too complicated to do content management otherwise), so lobby filters out any subsequent maps from the archieve (this is also needed with new map grading feature, where each map archieve is associated with a checksum on which map grade is based). Any such maps will have to be rereleased unfortunately ...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

QueryLandingPad(piece1, piece2)

Haven't tried it and there's no description in the TADesign Guide but I'd guess it works like all the other query functions with piece1 being the pad and piece2 the corresponding nanobeam.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Caydr wrote:Also I'm in filehamster.net about to start a game and I've noticed that team colors weren't automatically assigned.
I don't think team colours have ever been automatically assigned. It a slightly annoying non-feature in the lobby.
Last edited by tombom on 28 Sep 2006, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Betalord wrote:That is ok, from now on map archive files will only be allowed to contain 1 map per archive, this is to facilitate content site that we are writting (it would be too complicated to do content management otherwise), so lobby filters out any subsequent maps from the archieve (this is also needed with new map grading feature, where each map archieve is associated with a checksum on which map grade is based). Any such maps will have to be rereleased unfortunately ...
Oh, I didn't know. You might want to document that a lot better or people are going to be asking why their maps don't work. Also, I guess the mapping community better start fixing the maps broken by that.
tombom wrote: I don't think team colours have ever been automatically assigned. It a slightly annoying non-feature in the lobby.
Not to mention the bug where people join and end up on the same team somehow. I thought it was probably related to lobby lag, but I'm not sure.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

New TA:S client seems to take over my start bar, can't Use it unless I minimize it or reduce the window size - it also makes xfire "SCREEECH" as if you're in-game.

Fix.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I could've sworn I had auto color assigning at one point.

Return to “Engine”