Game style feature variable for lobby client?

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Good idea?

Yes
40%
No, (why?)
60%

Total votes: 10

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

FFA, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4

Thats what im talking about.

There should be some input where you can select your game style.

And it would be shown in the game lobby as extra item. (like maxplayers or game state). So you could also sort the list with that value.

Good thing to find good game for what you are looking for?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

WTF are you on about? :?
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

i think he means something along the lines of the Decription column in the lobby but it only give game style/size i.e. FFA, 1v1 2v2, etc.

possibly as a drop down box akin to the side team or ally selection.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

I vote no, some people start games but don't have a style in mind, or wait for players to arrive to determine game style and map.
altaric

Post by altaric »

voted "no"

when you start a game you set maxplayers and there are so few FFA games that when ppl open one, they state it in the name of the battle

and what if you intend to play a 5v5 and no one join ? can't you start with 6 or 8 players instead ?

size of the map changes cause most of the time ppl complains about the map and it's changed
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

I see no reason not to have it in, really. Just a little box for text. But, on the other hand, the "name" box already fullfils this purpose (for many people at least), and if it is implemented it should be optional, so you could leave the field empty.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Agreed. That's what the name field is for. Grow some fingers and learn to type.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Now now ladies, it could be useful.

Imagine if you want to play a 1v1, they could implement search filters and you could search for a 1v1 or something...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

But you can search for a 1v1 already by looking for open games with a max of 2 players or a description of 1v1
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Yep, I agree with AF there - we don't need yet another field. Rather have a simple filter on battle name (e.g. you type 1v1 in it and only the battles with 1v1 in the name are shown...)

Return to “Engine”