Trust Meter for ta spring clinet

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

What a stupid Email name

Post by What a stupid Email name »

Yes one of those 10s of millions of ideas a day from everyone accross the world that you dont have time to do.
If somone else could make a patch, there could be a similiar ranking system but based on voting from other players, whereas everyone starts at 50, normal starting place for newbs or just good people, or poeple no one cares about. 0 is the lowest, and means the person is just a fag in a game, a quiter, a quiter, or disrespectful, and 100 means your perfect. however it takes 2 votes to go down, and 1 vote to go up, and a person can only vote 3 times a week. Then based on these Trust points, the host can force a requirment of maybe 45 on their games, so people might be forced to have better sportsmanship. i think its a nice idea, but im sure people could abuse it, post your thoughts.
DrowningFish

Re: Trust Meter for ta spring clinet

Post by DrowningFish »

There would defintely have to be some limitation, otherwise people would just make a bazillion accounts and vote themselves to 100, and keep those incase they ever get voted down.
Theotherguy

Post by Theotherguy »

I think it should be done after each game. I don't know how you would keep someone from registering multiple accounts...possibly IP logging?
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Theotherguy wrote:I think it should be done after each game. I don't know how you would keep someone from registering multiple accounts...possibly IP logging?
Multiple accounts are not illegal afaik and should not be disallowed.

Personally I have 3-4 multies for various situations.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Lame.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Das Bruce wrote:Lame.
Stop it, it's getting old. State a reason or don't post.
smoth

Post by smoth »

SwiftSpear wrote:
postcount++... maybe..? Do I get to keep my post?

Anyway, yeah thing is that puts noobs in a more alienated area. Also what is to keep my anti-smoth squad from constantly nailing me with hate points? I cannot use my stream of justice to put out the hate. :(

Perhaps something like a karma system starting at 100%. If someone has voted against you once the second time is worth 1/2? I don't know. I have seen this before.

My cool points end up being 1/2 of my hate-smoth points. Although the same thing befell the rest of the board as well so the board ended up abolishing the karma... er hate meter. People are more likely to nail a hate point then they are to nail a love point. That is just the nature of the beast.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

SwiftSpear wrote:
Drowning fish's post works both ways, its a waste of time.
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

You could make voting count for more for players who have higher game time, or from players with a high ranking. That would help prevent spam accounts abusing the system I think.

Has this been tried in other online games? If so how well/badly does it work?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

jellyman wrote:You could make voting count for more for players who have higher game time, or from players with a high ranking. That would help prevent spam accounts abusing the system I think.
No that would make it worse, since they need a larger ammount for the same effect.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

How about only allowing people that's played 50+ hours, or maybe even 100+ hours?

That should prevent the noobs from registering multiple accounts to boost their own rating?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Just only allow you to rate people you've just been in-game with for at least 30 minutes.

That way it takes too much time to fake... need 2 PCs capable of running spring, play versus yourself for 30 mins (or just leave PCs on but do nothing) and then you can vote once.

That compared to a real game, e.g. 4v4, after which you'd get seven votes at once.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Unless Betalord does it, I think the insurmountable odds of him accepting a patch for this arent worth it. I'm not aware fo any code at all beign submitted and applied by betalord, so a server fork would be the onyl option, and thats out fo the question.

That and its so awkward to compile TASClient that a lot fo people just cant be bothered anymore.
altaric

Post by altaric »

can be done quite easily, gimme a precise set of rules, i'll add it

allowing votes after 30 minutes isn't perfect cause when it lasts 30 mins most quitters already left .. everyone will be 100%
Erom

Post by Erom »

I've seen systems like this implemented. The noobs stay around 0, and anyone well known ends up negative very quickly, even if they are great people. So the systems tends to do the opposite of what it is supposed too.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

altaric wrote:can be done quite easily, gimme a precise set of rules, i'll add it

allowing votes after 30 minutes isn't perfect cause when it lasts 30 mins most quitters already left .. everyone will be 100%
Allow one to vote on everyone who was in at start of the battle.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Altaric, how're you goign to implement this? Where is the data going to be stored/tracked? The server isnt going to have the stuff to store that data as betalord wont accept such a change....
altaric

Post by altaric »

any website with php/mysql
i use one to stock version info, host rates, mods links
smoth

Post by smoth »

Zydox wrote:How about only allowing people that's played 50+ hours, or maybe even 100+ hours?

That should prevent the noobs from registering multiple accounts to boost their own rating?
In game time does not mean less noobism, I have about 50 hours in game.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

no one likes me, so even though i am a good player i would have a poor vote ;_;

Return to “Engine”