release a windows build for Spring develop engine

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

There is only a linux build for Spring develop engine right now please release a windows build of Spring develop engine so I can move BA onto it.

Peace and blessings.

https://springrts.com/dl/buildbot/default/develop/
ivand

Re: release a windows build for Spring develop engine

Post by ivand »

Such a luck to have someone qualified to do this seemingly complex task!
Could you please organize educational seminars or record video lessons helping us follow the trails of your technical brilliance? Something simple yet accessible like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLAMZdN1lw4 (yet of course on the different level as expected from such a pro)?

Thanks a million.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

I'm not an engine dev. I already moved BA onto the latest Official 105 engine and so have Zero-K, Tech Annihilation, Metal Factions, Mosaic and Spring 1944. Many Spring games will benefit from a windows build now it is time for us to move to develop.
ivand

Post by ivand »

Oh 105 movement was a gigantic effort I heard. Some estimated it should have taken as long as couple of hours, but took you a couple of years instead.
I'm sure with your powers and expertise you can manage, what no one else could in the past several years, and make BA the first game to work on develop.

I'll pull some strings and do my best so Windows build of the latest develop is available for you to hack. Good luck and hope to hear progress reports from you soon.
ivand

Post by ivand »

Sorry Ares, I asked everyone I'm connected to who can press the "build the binary" button, but they all somehow refused to help you :(
I guess with your outstanding skills in everything spring related you can build the binary yourself.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

I don't get the hostility Ivand, please don't revive drama...

Asking for a windows build from the develop branch is perfectly reasonable.

According to springfiles, there was a develop branch build for win64 in may 2021, but it was cleaned up.

The only zip with a win32 build from the develop branch that i have is over a year old, before 105.0.
ivand

Post by ivand »

I don't get the hostility Ivand, please don't revive drama...
What hostility are you talking about? I personally bothered two persons with the infra access, so they would press the build button, but none of them could.
Asking for a windows build from the develop branch is perfectly reasonable.
Sure, that's what I was trying to facilitate. If I had the access to the buildbot controls myself, I'd give Ares what he reasonably requested.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

I also find it a reasonable request. I don't think it's reasonable to expect one of the BAR engine branch devs to build it though, especially since it wouldn't land on the official buildbot, which is what Ares want.

Ares, what advantages do you think the develop engine would bring to the Spring games running on it?

PS: Please guys, let's take things in a more friendly way, we're just a handful of game devs.

Return to “Engine”