Use Liberapay for funding/donations?

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

This would make it a bit more independant from individuals and hopefully easier to manage and more transparent.
Super Mario

Re: Use Liberapay for funding/donations?

Post by Super Mario »

abma wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 14:57 This would make it a bit more independant from individuals and hopefully easier to manage and more transparent.
Only server donations?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

"everything" wrt spring. I.e. https://liberapay.com/F-Droid-Data/income/
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

I'd be fine with everything that:

a)
Doesn't force you to create an account on the respective system.

b)
Is easy to fund i.e. not being e.g. purely credit card centric which isn't the way to pay everywhere around the world. From my personal point of view I like using Paypal for something like this as it doesn't give away personal details and is easy to use. Fees on the receiving end might make it a bit unattractive but this might be different for non-profit purposes...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

The current method of donation is bitcoin iirc, which is precisely why I haven't donated in ages. I don't have anything against bitcoin, but it requires so much donator effort that frankly it isn't worth the trouble. Librepay seems quite nice and yes, being able to fund via paypal is very attractive.

Return to “Engine”