comments over changes on sourcecode

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

MelKor

Post by MelKor »

Hi guys,

I'm watching the changes of the code in GitHub, the cleaning/update of the code you are doing is a great job, looks good, follow standards, etc..., however, pick my attention the use (and maybe abuse) of the 'auto' specifier. I mention that because I constantly read code with it on my job and for people not familiarized with the code (or not so proficiency on C++) take a lot more of brain cycles to understand it, and even more if you have to find some bug or make proper updates, I know that it looks good on the screen, but...

Is just a comment, try to not an abuse of that specifier, could make life harder on future, even for yourself.

Have a great day !!

MK
gajop

Re: comments over changes on sourcecode

Post by gajop »

Give specifics examples that you didn't like.
I did express the type explicitly when I thought that'd be helpful.
PS: also try to comment on GitHub PRs/commits. I'd appreciate any kind of code review.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: comments over changes on sourcecode

Post by PicassoCT »

PS: also try to comment on GitHub PRs/commits. I'd appreciate any kind of code review.

That sentence right there, that is a mistake. But i gladly take you up on that offer.

Return to “Engine”