New Engine Hax problem

New Engine Hax problem

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Senna

New Engine Hax problem

Post by Senna »

Ive seen mando doing it today on all games BA PA PD, and hes contiusly doing it.

From my knowledge he makes the queue going to unlimited and make the engine and current game crash, also as spectator he makes unlimited draw wich causes game freeze and crash for everyone.

Please moderators dev and whole team we need to fix that before people get tired of it and leave since he uses vpn he cant be banned and he wont stop crashing all our current games.
nixtux
TechA Developer

Re: New Engine Hax problem

Post by nixtux »

Two things

First thanks for letting everyone know how to use exploit.

Second its not and engine issue, the game runs out of lua memory ergo it's an issue with your game.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

I reported this issue here: https://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=5452
The game slows down with /luaui disable too
I think only one thing game devs can do: do not allow to queue more then 50 buildings per player! I guess game will be less attractive after that change :-)
RageQuitV

Post by RageQuitV »

What if I told you the fix already exists within available engine parameters?
penske

Post by penske »

Can anyone confirm if there's been a fix for this yet?
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

There is a fix that the game doesnt crash with lua OOM, it shuts down lua when it uses more than 800 mb or spo of memory.
jamerlan

Post by jamerlan »

Floris fixed it on github (on BA side)
But I think that this should be fixed on engine side too
nixtux
TechA Developer

Post by nixtux »

TechA had a quick fix for command_fx crashing added the day before this thread was opened, live on server the same day, but an engine side fix is needed as game still lag, also just to warn you this is not the only trick he has been doing to upsets games. :evil:
jamerlan

Post by jamerlan »

nixtux wrote:TechA had a quick fix for command_fx crashing added the day before this thread was opened, live on server the same day, but an engine side fix is needed as game still lag, also just to warn you this is not the only trick he has been doing to upsets games. :evil:
Could you please you post about this lag here? https://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=5452
Because currently it looks like "Everything is fixed on the game side and everyone are happy"

Return to “Engine”