.NET hapi/zip/7z library

.NET hapi/zip/7z library

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

SeaEagle1

.NET hapi/zip/7z library

Post by SeaEagle1 »

I'm working on an HPI editor with support for Spring's archives, which leaves me with a nice (not entirely finished) .NET library for reading/writing HAPI, zip and 7z archives. Right know it's completely undocumented and a bit of a mess, but if someone's interested I could clean it up a bit and make some docs, so others can use it. Any interest?
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

<--- Mucho interest... 8)
SeaEagle1

Post by SeaEagle1 »

I've made some docs for you. For zip it's using the SharpZipLib, so that's done, HPI seems to be working atm. 7z works on my test files, but I won't guarantee anything else atm. :wink:
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

I too am currently using the SharpZipLib for SharpMap already. haha
PauloMorfeo

Re: .NET hapi/zip/7z library

Post by PauloMorfeo »

SeaEagle1 wrote:I'm working on an HPI editor with support for Spring's archives, which leaves me with a nice (not entirely finished) .NET library for reading/writing HAPI, zip and 7z archives. ...
I'm working on a mod editor:
http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3130
If you want, we can share code and knowledge on how we're doing stuff. Mine is also in C# but in mono. Basically i have a MySql database ready to suport the program and the general layout of the GUI ready.
SeaEagle1

Post by SeaEagle1 »

Feel free to ask :-), it's not a very nice source, so that's why it didn't release it (yet). It's all compatible with Mono as I started the whole thing to see if I could make something portable with C# but I don't know if I can be any help as I'm quite close on my goal to create a modernized HPI View, so I'm focussing on perfecting the compression lib. Your program seems more like the work I'm currently doing in PHP for the Unit Shop.
SeaEagle1

Post by SeaEagle1 »

Here is a newer version, with source-code! Also it can now use a C++ library for compression to speed things up a bit.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I already downloaded it and tested it. It seemed to work fine (although i didn't do much with it). It's quite cool. Installer end everything.

You may be interested in checking out EdS, too:
http://fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=2746

It is a funny thing that we managed to release both our programs at almost the same time.

Return to “Engine”