boost link issues/Boost_DIR ?

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

RBMachinima

Post by RBMachinima »

Hi
I got the build mostly working on windows vista 64/minGW32

What is the proper setting for Boost_DIR ?

have set Boost_DIR in CMake and generated files
mingwlibs/include
and
mingwlibs/include/boost

link has many boost undefined references (see below)

C:/snvroot/springRTS/spring/mingwlibs/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:214: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
C:/snvroot/springRTS/spring/mingwlibs/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:215: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
C:/snvroot/springRTS/spring/mingwlibs/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:216: undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
abma
Spring Developer

Re: boost link issues/Boost_DIR ?

Post by abma »

did you follow these instructions? http://springrts.com/wiki/Building_Spring_on_Windows

which compiler did you install?

it looks like some linker flags are broken...

http://vladimir_prus.blogspot.com/2009/06/linking-101.html helps maybe a bit?

what version of spring are you using? which branch?
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

I am having the same issue when cross compiling with mingw on Ubuntu. Was there ever a resolution for this?

The links you posted were informative but did not get me any closer to a resolution.

EDIT:
And to elaborate: I followed springrts.com/wiki/Building_Spring_Cross_Compiled#Getting_Spring.27s_windows_dependencies

After typing make in my build directory, everything is going well until around 20% when,

Linking CXX executable ArchiveMover.exe
CMakeFiles/ArchiveMover.dir/objects.a(ArchiveMover.cpp.obj): In function `error_code':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:315: undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

we found the cause, the mingwlibs where broken in some of the recent commits.

i guess when you "git checkout d6de2bc424ec7bec9ec45e01f7032f66ef9a55d0" the mingwlibs it should work. sorry, can't currently say the version where it was broken.

jk is already trying to fix / update the mingwlibs.

i didn't get the error, because i didn't recognize, that i didn't update the mingwlibs.... sorry! :oops:
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

git is telling me that is not a git repository.
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

Please excuse my git noobery...

You use the "git checkout d6de2bc424ec7bec9ec45e01f7032f66ef9a55d0" command from within the existing cloned folder.

So now that I figured that out... It does compile further than last time but now, with the version of mingwlibs you mention it is breaking at:

[ 25%] Building CXX object tools/unitsync/CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/Syncer.cpp.obj
Linking CXX shared library ../../unitsync.dll
Creating library file: libunitsync.dll.a
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.0/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o): In function `~out_of_range':
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:64: multiple definition of `std::out_of_range::~out_of_range()'
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

whats in the folder /home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/ ? this looks like parts of a second mingw installation?

it looks like your mingw-setup is broken. i tested here, compiling with d6de2bc42... works fine (win32), so crosscompile should imo work, too. (will test soon)
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

The "tmp-*" folders get removed automatically by the makefile after the component has successfully been built. There is no tmp-gcc folder in the mingw-cross-env-2.21 folder according to ls -la as a result of that. The entire error message is as follows.

Code: Select all

Creating library file: libunitsync.dll.a
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.0/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o): In function `~out_of_range':
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:64: multiple definition of `std::out_of_range::~out_of_range()'
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libboost_thread-mt.a(thread.o):thread.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt12out_of_rangeD0Ev[std::out_of_range::~out_of_range()]+0x0): first defined here
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.0/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o): In function `~invalid_argument':
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:54: multiple definition of `std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument()'
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a(cregex.o):cregex.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt16invalid_argumentD0Ev[std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument()]+0x0): first defined here
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.0/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o): In function `~overflow_error':
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:83: multiple definition of `std::overflow_error::~overflow_error()'
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a(cregex.o):cregex.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14overflow_errorD0Ev[std::overflow_error::~overflow_error()]+0x0): first defined here
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libboost_thread-mt.a(thread.o):thread.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt12out_of_rangeD1Ev[std::out_of_range::~out_of_range()]+0x0): first defined here
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.0/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o): In function `~invalid_argument':
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:54: multiple definition of `std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument()'
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a(cregex.o):cregex.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt16invalid_argumentD1Ev[std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument()]+0x0): first defined here
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.0/libstdc++.a(stdexcept.o): In function `~overflow_error':
/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/tmp-gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:83: multiple definition of `std::overflow_error::~overflow_error()'
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a(cregex.o):cregex.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14overflow_errorD1Ev[std::overflow_error::~overflow_error()]+0x0): first defined here
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj): In function `~InitializeOpenIL':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:47: undefined reference to `__imp__ilShutDown@0'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:338: undefined reference to `__imp__ilOriginFunc@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:339: undefined reference to `__imp__ilEnable@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:341: undefined reference to `__imp__ilHint@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:342: undefined reference to `__imp__ilSetInteger@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:345: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGenImages@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:346: undefined reference to `__imp__ilBindImage@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:348: undefined reference to `__imp__ilTexImage@28'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:351: undefined reference to `__imp__ilSaveImage@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:353: undefined reference to `__imp__ilDeleteImages@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:354: undefined reference to `__imp__ilDisable@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:281: undefined reference to `__imp__ilOriginFunc@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:282: undefined reference to `__imp__ilEnable@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:285: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGenImages@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:286: undefined reference to `__imp__ilBindImage@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:288: undefined reference to `__imp__ilLoadL@12'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:289: undefined reference to `__imp__ilDisable@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:296: undefined reference to `__imp__ilConvertImage@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:297: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGetInteger@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:303: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGetData@0'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:305: undefined reference to `__imp__ilDeleteImages@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:228: undefined reference to `__imp__ilOriginFunc@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:229: undefined reference to `__imp__ilEnable@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:232: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGenImages@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:233: undefined reference to `__imp__ilBindImage@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:235: undefined reference to `__imp__ilLoadL@12'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:236: undefined reference to `__imp__ilDisable@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:244: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGetInteger@4'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:245: undefined reference to `__imp__ilConvertImage@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:251: undefined reference to `__imp__ilGetData@0'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:253: undefined reference to `__imp__ilDeleteImages@8'
CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/objects.a(Bitmap.cpp.obj): In function `InitializeOpenIL':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/rts/Rendering/Textures/Bitmap.cpp:43: undefined reference to `__imp__ilInit@0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [unitsync.dll] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tools/unitsync/CMakeFiles/unitsync.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
kfriars@h4x0r:~/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/build$ cd /home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

tested current developbranch crosscompiling, setup from scratch works fine on ubuntu oneric 64 bit.

i used the instructions from the buildbot:
https://github.com/spring/spring/blob/d ... E.markdown

see the section "Recompile MinGW package with dwarf2 exceptions..." for how to install mingw with dwarf2 exceptions.

also, i'm not sure if mingw 4.6 works with the spring source code. i tried to compile it with mingw64 (afaik thats gcc-4.6.x) and it horrible fails because of streflop.

why do you try to crosscompile?
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

I am developing a mod which is a remake of the board game diplomacy... kind of like risk and needed to add a function to draw lines along the ground (to display territory boundaries), so I followed the example of Spring - Lua's glDrawGroundQuad and glDrawGroundCircle, adding glDrawGroundLine (I am new to spring and could not find anything existing that satisfied my needs). Compiled and tested on linux.. but it needs to be compiled and tested on windows as well. As it stands I dont have a Windows Machine, and I dont want to dual boot just so I can compile the engine.

I did compile mingw with the dwarf2, by editing the gcc.mk file in the src directory of the crossenv compiler. It is in that file that the 4.6 version of gcc is specified. Is there a particular version of gcc that you would recommend? In the buildbot instructions you linked it appears they recommend 4.4.4 so I will try that. I can change it and recompile mingw no problem.

Also, I can write up all of my DETAILED instructions for building the cross-env compiler and cross-compiling Spring. As they seem to be outdated and lack the details for novices such as myself.

AGAIN... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP... I have spent so much time trying to figure it out and you have been a huge help!
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

kfriars wrote:I am developing a mod which is a remake of the board game diplomacy... kind of like risk and needed to add a function to draw lines along the ground (to display territory boundaries), so I followed the example of Spring - Lua's glDrawGroundQuad and glDrawGroundCircle, adding glDrawGroundLine (I am new to spring and could not find anything existing that satisfied my needs). Compiled and tested on linux.. but it needs to be compiled and tested on windows as well. As it stands I dont have a Windows Machine, and I dont want to dual boot just so I can compile the engine.
i can't say if these changes can/will be included, but why didn't you make a pull request on github to the official engine? or isn't your code ready for that?

i only can recommend mingw 4.4.4 because i don't know, if it will work with any other version. (on windows mingw 4.6.1 seems to work, but i don't know if it will work on linux, too. mingw-w64 on linux fails...)
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

They are very small changes (Add the Hook in /rts/lua/LuaOpenGL.cpp, and add one function almost identical to defSurfaceQuad and defSurfaceCircle in /rts/Rendering/GL/glExtra.cpp)..
My changes work 100% fine on Linux but I wanted to test them on windows before I made any requests.

I will try to compile with 4.4.4 and if I it still does not work I suppose I will make a pull request. Again, my sincere thanks.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Sorry, but you should do that in Lua itself. Such a change won't included in mainrepo. Still hope you continue engine hacking, after I fixed mingwlibs.
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

Just out of curiosity, and I know this is going off topic for this thread now, but why would this not be included? It is a primitive very much along the lines of glDrawGroundCircle and glDrawGroundQuad.

Since I will be drawing many lines on the screen it would be better performance-wise to have it implemented directly in the engine. I assumed.
Last edited by kfriars on 23 Feb 2012, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

kfriars wrote:It is a primitive very much along the lines of glDrawGroundLine and glDrawGroundQuad.
Those are already only halfhearted implemented.
kfriars wrote:Since I will be drawing many lines on the screen it would be better performance-wise to have it implemented directly in the engine. I assumed.
1. it won't be time critical
2. if it is time-critical use a DisplayList

tip: you might want to check ZK's "LuaRules/Utilities/glvolumes.lua"
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction jK.

Back on topic...

I recompiled mingw with gcc-4.4.4 and I it solved all of the previously defined errors however it still seems to be unable to find my DevIL.

In my cmake config i get the following:

Found DevIL: /home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/IL/il.h
(But not libdevil.a)

Found DevIL-ILU: /home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libilu.a - /home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/IL/ilu.h
Found DevIL-ILUT: /home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/lib/libilut.a - /home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/IL/ilut.h

I have tried setting DEVIL_IL_LIBRARY as specified in FindDevIL.cmake in my toolchain file and it still isnt finding the library, but it does exist. So I am not certain what issue its having.

I have tried wiping out my build directory, deleting the cache and re-configuring.
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

So for whatever reason cmake was insistent on not finding my DEVIL_IL_LIBRARY so I had to configure then modify the cache.. then reload the cache, then reconfigure, then generate the unix makefiles.

All went smooth.. until it tried to find glew's library, which is currently pointing at:

//Path to a file.
GLEW_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/GL

//Path to a library.
GLEW_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH=/home/kfriars/Programs/MinGWx/mingw-cross-env-2.21/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libGLEW.

As far as I can tell the glew libs are not part of mingw libs. Any ideas? Is there a particular version of glew which I should have compiled with mingw?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

$ find mingwlibs -iname "*glew*"
mingwlibs/dll/glew32.dll
mingwlibs/include/GL/glew.h
mingwlibs/include/GL/wglew.h
hm, i have mingwlibs directly in my spring-source dir, it seems like autodection works better. but as you are really close to get it compile, i think its better to add to the cmakecache then...

in my cmakecache.txt:

GLEW_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH=/home/abma/dev/spring/win32-master/mingwlibs/dll/glew32.dll
kfriars

Post by kfriars »

Thanks abma once again I derped / my cmake and local environment is borked... I had just found that on one of the threads right before you posted it, I was looking for a static library for some reason..

SO sad now... 97%. And...

[ 97%] Building CXX object test/CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/engine/System/Misc/TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj
Linking CXX executable test_BitwiseEnum.exe
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `~test_observer':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/test_observer.hpp:53: undefined reference to `__imp___ZTVN5boost9unit_test13test_observerE'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `main':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/unit_test.hpp:59: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost9unit_test14unit_test_mainEPFbvEiPPc'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `_Z14init_unit_testv':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/unit_test_suite.hpp:228: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost9unit_test9framework17master_test_suiteEv'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `make_test_case':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/unit_test_suite_impl.hpp:255: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost9unit_test9ut_detail24normalize_test_case_nameENS0_13basic_cstringIKcEE'
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/unit_test_suite_impl.hpp:255: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost9unit_test9test_caseC1ENS0_13basic_cstringIKcEERKNS0_9callback0INS0_9ut_detail6unusedEEE'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/test/engine/System/Misc/TestBitwiseEnum.cpp:18: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost9unit_test9ut_detail24auto_test_unit_registrarC1EPNS0_9test_caseEm'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `unit_test_log_t':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/unit_test_log.hpp:131: undefined reference to `__imp___ZTVN5boost9unit_test15unit_test_log_tE'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/test/engine/System/Misc/TestBitwiseEnum.cpp:22: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost9unit_test15unit_test_log_t14set_checkpointENS0_13basic_cstringIKcEEjS4_'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj):/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/spring/test/engine/System/Misc/TestBitwiseEnum.cpp:22: undefined reference to `__imp___ZN5boost10test_tools9tt_detail10check_implERKNS0_16predicate_resultERKNS_9unit_test12lazy_ostreamENS5_13basic_cstringIKcEEjNS1_10tool_levelENS1_10check_typeEjz'
CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/objects.a(TestBitwiseEnum.cpp.obj): In function `~test_observer':
/home/kfriars/Spring/Source/spring-xcompile/win32/libs/mingwlibs/include/boost/test/test_observer.hpp:53: undefined reference to `__imp___ZTVN5boost9unit_test13test_observerE'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test/test_BitwiseEnum.exe] Error 1
make[1]: *** [test/CMakeFiles/test_BitwiseEnum.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
And google is doing me no justice on how to resolve this one. So I tried to make clean and re-make, but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

ups... building tests is enabled but its not in the mingwlibs any more.

easiest is to edit test/CMakeLists.txt and replace

line four with

If    (1)
then it should compile fine. (the warning message can be ignored...)

Return to “Engine”