Multi-Touch Interaction in Spring - Page 2

Multi-Touch Interaction in Spring

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

FaerieWithBoots

Re: Multi-Touch Interaction in Spring

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

..wow

now, how cool would it be to play with two hands, each controlling a group of units!

Of course this would introduce two dozen new technical problems to be solved, mainly the distinction between the hands and making the spring engine able to work with two selected groups. XD
Floris

Post by Floris »

wow very cool, but not likely to win you any games vs any people with same skills as you with mouse+keyboard.

For the rest, lovely!
Floris

Post by Floris »

oh maybe.... improve it moar so my kitties can play spring too!!

see them speccin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OilBV3CUYw
bilhamil

Post by bilhamil »

Wow everyone, thanks for all of the really great feedback. For some reason I wasn't getting email updates about this thread...

I'm having to take a bit of a hiatus in development for the moment, I'm currently working as an intern for the summer and don't have access to multi-touch hardware.

I do like the idea incorporating dragging to initiate dragging to start building construction. I was demo'ing this back in may at a conference (which is where that video came from:), and an 8 year old came up a played it and that was one of the first things he tried to do.

I realize that there are a lot of issues with the current approach, and that fast play is will be really difficult. I'm hoping to be able start development again at the end of august, and will hopefully get some time to have some players sit down and play. I think that will be the best way to get a feeling for what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Hopefully I'll have some more to show you guys in the coming months.

Return to “Engine”