Big Bug thread for 0.82.2/3 - Report bugs here - Page 2

Big Bug thread for 0.82.2/3 - Report bugs here

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Big Bug thread for 0.82.2/3 - Report bugs here

Post by Forboding Angel »

@kloot, I rarely give anything except line move orders.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Forboding Angel wrote:Sounds are muffled because of a hidden setting that isn't in springsettings.

Air Absorption. Sounds like you jsut turned down all the treble. Open up your infolog and look for where the springsettings config file is located. Open up the config file and set air absorption to 0.
I didn't change anything, but thanks for the fix, appreciated.

E: Ok I just realized how air absorption works, I kind of like how it makes far away sounds muffled - except that when you zoom out everything is muffled. I usually play at a high zoom so that's why I thought everything was muffled, is there any way to make it just x/y distance and not z?
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Oh one more bug btw, Carp is still winning games more than he should, please do something about it.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

.NET Framework version test for installing the Fast Launch Lobby (which I assume used to be called SpringDownloader) detected that my system had version 1.1 - when I, in fact, have 4.0 and can run the lobby just fine.

However, I have recently been using SharpDevelop to compile a 1.1-based app, so my system may detect weird.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Another one, area reclaiming is bugged in some way. Units either ignore the command or complete it in a funny order or something. It's definitely bugged.
scifi

Post by scifi »

A glitch i didnt had before,f4 metal extractor view lags CPU,(dont tell me to get a new one as i have latest intel I7),and freezes the game, for the start of the game.

I get FBO not rendered/initialized, after some time it fixes itself, and game runs fine.

I can confirm jazcash bugs, most of them hapen to me, including pathfinding.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Projectile models are not visible anymore for weapons of the type 'cannon'. They were visible before the update.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

generated sources do not belong into the source distribution.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Jazcash wrote:Another one, area reclaiming is bugged in some way. Units either ignore the command or complete it in a funny order or something. It's definitely bugged.
Replay plz
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

scifi wrote:A glitch i didnt had before,f4 metal extractor view lags CPU,(dont tell me to get a new one as i have latest intel I7)
Maybe you have latest gfx drivers too, with the most bugs?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zerver wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Another one, area reclaiming is bugged in some way. Units either ignore the command or complete it in a funny order or something. It's definitely bugged.
Replay plz
http://replays.adune.nl/?2690

Some others complained about but watch me ([Fx]Droid) cause I know it happened to me a bunch of times that game. Also, the map is super purty so isn't too FPS friendly.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

before and after shots (with closeups below minimap).
Pathfinding is really bad. You tell units to go to the other side of the map and they mill about, turn in circles, go backwards, and end up arriving one at a time, stretching their bulk half way across the map.
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

Probably not really a bug, just something out of date, but the Minimap Events widget http://www.springfiles.com/show_file.php?id=1785 doesn't work anymore with the new Spring version. I really love this one and would like to see a fixed version of this. Anyone knows if trepan is updating this?

When clicking middle mouse button to scroll, the arrow changes icon and stays in the center of the screen, but when holding down mouse button the arrow doesn't change icon and moves.

Spectating a dead team messes up the energy and metal bar.

Dragons Teeth, also sea Dragons Teeth, sometimes become invisible right after they get built. They appear cloaked when hovering over with mouse. I also noticed other players commenting on this. It seems to happen to some clients only sometimes.

Some more old ones:

Unit tracking works much better now, but still tracks the ground below air units, not the air unit itself. Tracking static units should track their projectiles.

Selectionkeys are still bugged. For example, using "weapons + not aircraft" works like it should, but using just "aircraft" doesn't select anything. Category and Name Contains don't work at all either, I tried with all sorts of terms from the unit config files to no avail.

edit:
the pathfinder indeed has serious issues, as already reported above. imo it completely destroys gameplay. its not even possible anymore to properly order a group of units to move forward a bit for an assault. half of the units think its better to move backwards or in circles and limbo line to death. it was probably done to prevent units from pushing into each other but it just dont work out in practice. a new version with the old behavior should be released asap imo.

edit2:
the gpu requirements seem to have increased somehow without any notable benefits. for example, in large games, when paused, everything ran really fluid before, but with the new version there is a very noticeable fps drop for me.
Last edited by HectorMeyer on 15 Aug 2010, 21:46, edited 2 times in total.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

HectorMeyer wrote:When clicking middle mouse button to scroll, the arrow changes icon and stays in the center of the screen, but when holding down mouse button the arrow doesn't change icon and moves.
this has always been spring's beahviour, it never changed, now you have the option for "still time" to toggle between beahviours ( or disable the icon one )
HectorMeyer wrote: Dragons Teeth, also sea Dragons Teeth, sometimes become invisible right after they get built. They appear cloaked when hovering over with mouse. I also noticed other players commenting on this. It seems to happen to some clients only sometimes.
ATI bug, toggle reflective units
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

BrainDamage wrote:
HectorMeyer wrote: Dragons Teeth, also sea Dragons Teeth, sometimes become invisible right after they get built. They appear cloaked when hovering over with mouse. I also noticed other players commenting on this. It seems to happen to some clients only sometimes.
ATI bug, toggle reflective units
I had the same on Nvidia while speccing yesterday. In my case it was fortification walls. They turned visible again when enemy units came into LOS distance.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

I noticed pings are screwed (seem to update on the server side too infrequently) but then I realized this is related to the accidentally disabled sync checking. Player pings are mostly based on the sync responses, but the server ignores them.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zerver wrote:I noticed pings are screwed (seem to update on the server side too infrequently) but then I realized this is related to the accidentally disabled sync checking. Player pings are mostly based on the sync responses, but the server ignores them.
That would explain why every host I've tried so far has showed all the players getting frequent lag spikes...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Ok I thought the randomly ending games thing had gone but we just got it again. Now that I think about it BD did say it's something like when a player desyncs. When they win their game, the game ends for everyone right? So yeah, fixing the desyncs should fix this I presume.
==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== »

zooming in-out, or running game at fast pace, results in 1/4 of the left bottom screen having semi-transparent water texture overlaid on top of the actual screen for the moment of the action. I.e. when zooming it only "blinks", while running on fast speed it is "constant"

NOTA 1.632
Luaui
Nvidia
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Jazcash wrote:
zerver wrote:
Replay plz
http://replays.adune.nl/?2690

Some others complained about but watch me ([Fx]Droid) cause I know it happened to me a bunch of times that game. Also, the map is super purty so isn't too FPS friendly.
Hmm... fail, I did see a few reclaim command and a fight command, but no area reclaim.

Maybe you can watch this demo yourself, and tell me at what time it happens?

Return to “Engine”