Probable cause of bug springdownloader re-downloading maps

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

In the topic:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18598
was discussed that springdownloader redownloads maps. I don't know whether I have found the real case of the problem, but it might be this:
In ArchiveCacheV7.lua (found in the spring root folder), the paths to the maps looked like this:
"path = [[C:\Program Files\Spring\\maps\]]," (note the double \\)
I don't know if springdownloader uses this lua script, but if it does, it probably could not find the map, and because of that, assumed the map was missing, which would often continue quite a long time.
I hope this helps at least :)
Gota

Re: Probable cause of bug springdownloader re-downloading maps

Post by Gota »

Another bug i encountered was when I tried to remove several files i was uploading to others.
I did it several times and it crashed SD every time..
Im on windows xp 32 have an adsl connection..I have SD set on 1 uplaod max,upload limit is 10 and 1 when in game.
---------------------------
FATAL excetion, SpringDownloader will close
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at MonoTorrent.Client.TorrentManager.PerformHashCheck(Boolean autoStart)

at MonoTorrent.Client.TorrentManager.<>c__DisplayClass9.<HashCheck>b__8(Object param0)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
OK
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Probable cause of bug springdownloader re-downloading maps

Post by Licho »

bartvbl it happens because spring unitsync (thing SD uses to check what maps and mods you have) fails to load on 64bit operating systems often.

This will be fixed in the future.

Return to “Engine”