Buildbot? - Page 2

Buildbot?

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: Buildbot?

Post by rattle »

user wrote:you need libstreflop to compile it, it doesn't comes with the mingw libs package.

scons allways fails to compile it.
Get msys, I already made a number of comments about it including a link. It provides the missing tools to build streflop.

Really, setting the environment up takes no longer than 20 minutes including downloading times for me.
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

sorry to be stupid, is there currently somewhere to download svn windows installlers please?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

no, didn't set that up again yet
user

Post by user »

sorry to be stupid, is there currently somewhere to download svn windows installlers please?
to get svn for windows, just go to the svn site, but you should use tortoise svn, it makes using svn easier.

here:

http://tortoisesvn.net/
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

given the thread he posted in I assume he ment spring installers automatically build from spring SVN, in short, SVN installers :-)
user

Post by user »

i thought that he means svn client, because you already posted it before, and some people really like to go off topic.

im getting this error in the end of compilation:

Code: Select all

C:\MinGWPythonScons\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\l
d.exe: cannot find -lstreflop
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [game\spring.exe] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
how do i fix it?
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

Tobi wrote:given the thread he posted in I assume he ment spring installers automatically build from spring SVN, in short, SVN installers :-)
yah, ready built installers please :)
user

Post by user »

in my opinion, there is no diference in using SVN executables and installers, they both work in the same way.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

forum post race condition :P delete me
Last edited by imbaczek on 23 Feb 2008, 16:13, edited 2 times in total.
user

Post by user »

i know, i just posted my opinion.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

user wrote:i thought that he means svn client, because you already posted it before, and some people really like to go off topic.

im getting this error in the end of compilation:

C:\MinGWPythonScons\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\l
d.exe: cannot find -lstreflop
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [game\spring.exe] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
how do i fix it?
rattle wrote:Get msys, I already made a number of comments about it including a link. It provides the missing tools to build streflop.
user

Post by user »

i already have it, if i didnt, i would still be at the start, where it fails to compile streflop, streflop now compiles correctly, with that error on the end.

so streflop compiles now, but fails to link.

i hope that it explains better the error.

and sorry for using bold tags.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

when running msys under Vista, it pops up, then another oen pops up, pretty soon your desktop is covered in black msys windows, then they all start closing on their own until the last one closes and there's no msys windows left and is closed.

It may also be of note that mingw32 has a bug in the way it uses command line parameters. As a result it falls foul of Vista's stricter checks, meaning that you cannot compile something on D:\ drive if mingw32 is on C:\ drive.

Some environment variables need to be set up too.
user

Post by user »

i am not using vista, and i have the environment variables set up, i have everything on c:\MinGWPythonScons\ directory,

i tried renaming streflop.a to streflop.lib, libstreflop.a, libstreflop.lib none of them worked, some gave errors like:

undefined reference to _GL_EXT_<extension name>
undefined reference to _iee754 <something>
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

AF wrote:It may also be of note that mingw32 has a bug in the way it uses command line parameters. As a result it falls foul of Vista's stricter checks, meaning that you cannot compile something on D:\ drive if mingw32 is on C:\ drive.
That's a well known issue with GCC on any Windows OS, not just Vista. The (obvious) workaround is to put GCC (MinGW) on the same drive as your sourcecode.
user

Post by user »

i have all on c:\MinGWPythonScons\ directory,

i tried everything, the error i am getting is that the lib doesn't have the functions, or that it doesn't gets linked.

ever tried including a header file then using its functions without the lib file?

undefined reference to _GL_EXT_<extension name>
undefined reference to _iee754 <something>

you get errors like this.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Smiff wrote:sorry to be stupid, is there currently somewhere to download svn windows installlers please?
I had generated an installer for R5528, I've put it here:
http://planetspring.free.fr/spring/inst ... vn5528.exe

I could easily generate nightly builds automatically for installer/exe/unitsync, but is this needed by anyone ? builbot will be fully back soon anyway I suppose...
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

thanks very much bibim, now just need to know if theres a lobby sever running that'll accept this version? thanks
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

bibim wrote: I could easily generate nightly builds automatically for installer/exe/unitsync, but is this needed by anyone ? builbot will be fully back soon anyway I suppose...
I think all that needs to be done is for tobi to renable mingw builds and for one of us to write some script to upload them to clan-sy from my machine. I think tobi is kind of busy atm and I'm too noob to do it. ;)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Smiff wrote:thanks very much bibim, now just need to know if theres a lobby sever running that'll accept this version? thanks
You have 2 solutions:

- you can connect to the main lobby server if you use the old unitsync.dll. The lobby client uses this dll to retrieve the Spring version so it will think it's using 76b1, even if spring.exe version is 76b1+.
- you can connect to a test server I've set up for the AutoHost I'm working on: taspring.game-host.org

Return to “Engine”