Spring 0.76: pending stuff - Page 4

Spring 0.76: pending stuff

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

AFLobby Unit Restrictions are still borked with svn unitsync but they are not borked with 0.75b2 unitsync. No values at all are listed using the svn unitsync.

Debug VS2005 builds instantly crash when running in a debugger with aflobby. Running the VS debugger with the command java -jar aflobby.jar and starting a game with a debug build of spring causes a VC++ runtime error dialog to popup saying spring has caused the program to be interrupted or something similar, nothing helpful.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

AF wrote:AFLobby Unit Restrictions are still borked with svn unitsync but they are not borked with 0.75b2 unitsync. No values at all are listed using the svn unitsync.
If that's still the problem that tasclient worked fine and aflobby stopped getting units, it's because you overinterpreted the comment in ProcessUnits. It states this:

Code: Select all

/**
 * @brief process another unit and return how many are left to process
 * @return int The number of unprocessed units to be handled
 * Call this function repeatedly untill it returns 0 before calling any other function related to units.
 */
It's a bit misleading in @brief, but the long comment is clear: don't call any functions that work on units until this returns 0. If you're doing something in the while (ProcessUnits()) loop, you should stop that, because any results are undefined and accidental.

If it's something new, paste contents of unitsync.log.
Agon

Post by Agon »

Has the new release new dependence or new version of depending library's?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

AF wrote:AFLobby Unit Restrictions are still borked with svn unitsync but they are not borked with 0.75b2 unitsync. No values at all are listed using the svn unitsync.
works for me

In the directory where you put the new unitsync, did you put the new springcontent.sdz there too? That is required for unitsync to return units because it contains the LUA TDF parsers. (just figured this out now)
Agon wrote:Has the new release new dependence or new version of depending library's?
Ogg/vorbis development library will be added, boost 1.34 is now supported too. I think that's it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Ah, that might be why.

My unitsync call in a while loop has an empty body so that won't be it.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

I'm going to put whatever weight I have towards "table some features and get another stable release out"

The reason is that the current stable AIs kind of suck compared with what's in the tree, and a new stable release would let me build some really slick Linux packages with good AI.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Snipawolf wrote:Projectiles still don't emit particles... >___>
Woot! Kloot fixed this error! :wink:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

"Error: Error at position -1 near "!!ARBfp1.0
# water reflect" when loading fragment program file waterRefractTR.fp"

Happens when I set water to 3 when the entire map is visible, specifically the borders because it goes beyond them in mode 3. This is present in 4796, dunno when it was introduced. I'm using the latest shader files too.
rcdraco

hey

Post by rcdraco »

What about those custom hitspheres? Is that going to be included? I'm interested in it, and apparently smoth wants it for his huge commanders.

Here is the Forum Thread
lurker

Re: hey

Post by lurker »

rcdraco wrote:What about those custom hitspheres? Is that going to be included? I'm interested in it, and apparently smoth wants it for his huge commanders.

Here is the Forum Thread
He's slower than I am!
tombom

Post by tombom »

The screen when all players are ready just says "Waiting for players" now instead of the 3 to 1 countdown but still starts after 3 seconds. Minor but a little annoying.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I do need to know if they work.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I haven't heard of any progress since the initial announcement, don't think they'll be ready in time.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Ctrl+move bug has been fixed, thanks to Kloot.

Now we just need someone to fix the replay stuttering, I'm refactoring CGameSetup (as preparation for renumbering) myself.
smoth

Post by smoth »

tobi is there any possibility that CEGs can be looked into?

Currently if I have a water=1 tag on a CEG and that shot hits an aircraft over water(NOT IN or ON mind you) the explosion will do the water effect way up in the air.

If it would side track things too much I can understand a big fat no but I was wondering if someone could look into it?
tombom

Post by tombom »

It was fixed recently in SVN.
smoth

Post by smoth »

cool, I'll have to try it out after this paper!
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

smoth wrote:I do need to know if they work.
Sorry smoth, I have not been able to make the
hit-volume stuff a priority. It's unlikely I'll manage
to slip it in before the next release.
smoth

Post by smoth »

bugger. Square etc hitboxes for features would make a city map possible. I'll have to wait longer. As long as it comes eventually I will be happy to wait. :).

The reason I keep pushing about it is that everything from walls, to gates, to buildings can benefit from this. MOST importantly features, with a square collision system an urban map would finally be possible for me :).

thanks for the update, I await the day when it is implemented.
lurker

Post by lurker »

I have a couple minor one-liner bugfix issues that I'll submit if I haven't finished my shield or playsound patches in the next day or so.

Return to “Engine”