TASClient (latest version available here) - Page 7

TASClient (latest version available here)

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

Please report exactly if you catch some interface issues. Can't figure by myself.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

i try to fix everything i find but i don't have any interface issue ... I use the classic one for the lobby and windows

Image
Image

better or not ?
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

As a not, my icon is a diagonal gradient from red to darker red. Any highlights are orange not pure white in order to preserve the vividness of the colour.

I also think that calling it Spring multiplayer lobby is confusing as thats the name of another lobby project. TASClient would be better or a name specific to your fork e.g. Altaclient.
User avatar
Zpock
Posts: 1218
Joined: 16 Sep 2004, 23:20

Post by Zpock »

I'm a sucker for agorms purple space map.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

AF wrote:As a not, my icon is a diagonal gradient from red to darker red. Any highlights are orange not pure white in order to preserve the vividness of the colour.
instead of saying shit update your icon archive with a decent logo ... not a resized one ...
Zpock wrote:I'm a sucker for agorms purple space map.
hu ?
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

huh? wtf
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

He's being touchy again.

Splash screens are icing on the cake.
gunblob
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:21

Post by gunblob »

Is it possible to save game filter option and reload on next session?
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:I also think that calling it Spring multiplayer lobby is confusing as thats the name of another lobby project. TASClient would be better or a name specific to your fork e.g. Altaclient.
I dont understand why the name should be changed as it is 99% TASClient based. In the future I hope it will be merged with offcial TASClient.
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:huh? wtf
The psd you provide on UF are not hi-res and blocky. You can't properly work from them.
Last edited by Masure on 23 Aug 2007, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi
Spring Developer
Posts: 4598
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 11:36

Post by Tobi »

Torrasque
Posts: 1022
Joined: 05 Oct 2004, 23:55

Post by Torrasque »

Satirik wrote:i try to fix everything i find but i don't have any interface issue ... I use the classic one for the lobby and windows

Image
Image

better or not ?
The second one, a bit more brown would be really cool for the ubuntu lobby.
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

Both are really cool IMO.

They're from different style kind. I would qualify the second as the "current 'IN' design standard for cool graphical stuff".

Why not using the second style for icons and symbolic related things and the first for the splash ?
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

gunblob wrote:Is it possible to save game filter option and reload on next session?
options -> interface -> keep battle filter
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

huh? I didnt say your splash screen was sh*t, infact Im quite insulted by your response satirik.

And you dont need a super high res version of my psd, its not exactly rocket science.

1) Draw a rounded box
2) fill it with a diagonal gradient from red to darker red
3) Paste a white spring logo in the centre
4) Write white text
5) Apply an outer glow filter to the text and logo layers thats red-orange

Should you not be able to draw a logo on a red rounded box and apply a simple filter to it then use the svg tobi linked to. But theres no need to be so agressive to someone whose trying to help you.

If you react to every constructive criticism as if its someone telling you their work is sh*t then why are you posting the images?
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

And Im not saying just satiriks version should be renamed, this is an issue that applies to all tasclient versions not just satiriks, including all other forks such as those by iamacup and altaric, the program is called TASClient not Spring Multiplayer Lobby.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

AF wrote:huh? I didnt say your splash screen was sh*t, infact Im quite insulted by your response satirik.

And you dont need a super high res version of my psd, its not exactly rocket science.

1) Draw a rounded box
2) fill it with a diagonal gradient from red to darker red
3) Paste a white spring logo in the centre
4) Write white text
5) Apply an outer glow filter to the text and logo layers thats red-orange

Should you not be able to draw a logo on a red rounded box and apply a simple filter to it then use the svg tobi linked to. But theres no need to be so agressive to someone whose trying to help you.

If you react to every constructive criticism as if its someone telling you their work is sh*t then why are you posting the images?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
User avatar
Peet
Malcontent
Posts: 4383
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 22:04

Post by Peet »

Satirik wrote:instead of saying shit update your icon archive with a decent logo ... not a resized one ...
If you react to every constructive criticism as if its someone telling you their work is sh*t then why are you posting the images?
I'd say AF was being completely reasonable here.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

k now i ask AF, Peet and all other who don't understand why i say that to leave my topic thank you

edit : please do not answer do not post again on my topic
Last edited by Satirik on 23 Aug 2007, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer
Posts: 14650
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 02:43

Post by Forboding Angel »

Peet wrote:
Satirik wrote:instead of saying shit update your icon archive with a decent logo ... not a resized one ...
If you react to every constructive criticism as if its someone telling you their work is sh*t then why are you posting the images?
I'd say AF was being completely reasonable here.
+1

BTW will this version have 100% less phail (that is 100% less SpringMark)?
Locked

Return to “Engine”