TASClient (latest version available here) - Page 7

TASClient (latest version available here)

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Masure

Post by Masure »

Please report exactly if you catch some interface issues. Can't figure by myself.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

i try to fix everything i find but i don't have any interface issue ... I use the classic one for the lobby and windows

better or not ?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

As a not, my icon is a diagonal gradient from red to darker red. Any highlights are orange not pure white in order to preserve the vividness of the colour.

I also think that calling it Spring multiplayer lobby is confusing as thats the name of another lobby project. TASClient would be better or a name specific to your fork e.g. Altaclient.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

I'm a sucker for agorms purple space map.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

AF wrote:As a not, my icon is a diagonal gradient from red to darker red. Any highlights are orange not pure white in order to preserve the vividness of the colour.
instead of saying shit update your icon archive with a decent logo ... not a resized one ...
Zpock wrote:I'm a sucker for agorms purple space map.
hu ?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

huh? wtf
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

He's being touchy again.

Splash screens are icing on the cake.
gunblob

Post by gunblob »

Is it possible to save game filter option and reload on next session?
Masure

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:I also think that calling it Spring multiplayer lobby is confusing as thats the name of another lobby project. TASClient would be better or a name specific to your fork e.g. Altaclient.
I dont understand why the name should be changed as it is 99% TASClient based. In the future I hope it will be merged with offcial TASClient.
Masure

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:huh? wtf
The psd you provide on UF are not hi-res and blocky. You can't properly work from them.
Last edited by Masure on 23 Aug 2007, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Satirik wrote:i try to fix everything i find but i don't have any interface issue ... I use the classic one for the lobby and windows

better or not ?
The second one, a bit more brown would be really cool for the ubuntu lobby.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Both are really cool IMO.

They're from different style kind. I would qualify the second as the "current 'IN' design standard for cool graphical stuff".

Why not using the second style for icons and symbolic related things and the first for the splash ?
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

gunblob wrote:Is it possible to save game filter option and reload on next session?
options -> interface -> keep battle filter
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

huh? I didnt say your splash screen was sh*t, infact Im quite insulted by your response satirik.

And you dont need a super high res version of my psd, its not exactly rocket science.

1) Draw a rounded box
2) fill it with a diagonal gradient from red to darker red
3) Paste a white spring logo in the centre
4) Write white text
5) Apply an outer glow filter to the text and logo layers thats red-orange

Should you not be able to draw a logo on a red rounded box and apply a simple filter to it then use the svg tobi linked to. But theres no need to be so agressive to someone whose trying to help you.

If you react to every constructive criticism as if its someone telling you their work is sh*t then why are you posting the images?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

And Im not saying just satiriks version should be renamed, this is an issue that applies to all tasclient versions not just satiriks, including all other forks such as those by iamacup and altaric, the program is called TASClient not Spring Multiplayer Lobby.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

AF wrote:huh? I didnt say your splash screen was sh*t, infact Im quite insulted by your response satirik.

And you dont need a super high res version of my psd, its not exactly rocket science.

1) Draw a rounded box
2) fill it with a diagonal gradient from red to darker red
3) Paste a white spring logo in the centre
4) Write white text
5) Apply an outer glow filter to the text and logo layers thats red-orange

Should you not be able to draw a logo on a red rounded box and apply a simple filter to it then use the svg tobi linked to. But theres no need to be so agressive to someone whose trying to help you.

If you react to every constructive criticism as if its someone telling you their work is sh*t then why are you posting the images?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Satirik wrote:instead of saying shit update your icon archive with a decent logo ... not a resized one ...
I'd say AF was being completely reasonable here.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

k now i ask AF, Peet and all other who don't understand why i say that to leave my topic thank you

edit : please do not answer do not post again on my topic
Last edited by Satirik on 23 Aug 2007, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Peet wrote:
Satirik wrote:instead of saying shit update your icon archive with a decent logo ... not a resized one ...
I'd say AF was being completely reasonable here.
+1

BTW will this version have 100% less phail (that is 100% less SpringMark)?

Return to “Engine”