TASClient (latest version available here) - Page 6

TASClient (latest version available here)

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

ZellSF wrote:Edit: And I've played games with restriced units, weasels and snipers, when those were overpowered. And I've sometimes disabled LRPCs because I hate them and I've often considered disabling t1 air transports.
Sefidel, Flopflop or Tired?
ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF »

neddiedrow wrote:
ZellSF wrote:Edit: And I've played games with restriced units, weasels and snipers, when those were overpowered. And I've sometimes disabled LRPCs because I hate them and I've often considered disabling t1 air transports.
Sefidel, Flopflop or Tired?
flopflop. I can only remember Sefidel trying comnaps and failing horribly at it. I'm more annoyed about people transporting their coms and d-gunning stuff in the first minutes of a game.
ill add something to show the hoster in the list and it just sort the display list not the real one
Doesn't it leave you with no options to see the real lis though?
User avatar
Dragon45
Posts: 2883
Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 04:36

Post by Dragon45 »

Since when as commdrop-kill-transout been a real problem in team games? A comm that aggressive is a gift from heaven; if a pair of LLTs dont kill it, all you have to do is commbomb, and wham, an extra 5k metal for the remaining members of the team. A pulv or fighter near the wreck site (not a problem since its at the start) takes care of annoying con aircraft trying to reclaim the wreck.
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

Sefidel's new trick is dropping about thirty Warriors in your base at 15 minutes after doing nothing else but produce them. If you lack the protection/he drops on an air player it can be devastating - but otherwise, it becomes old and ineffectual fast.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

ZellSF wrote:Doesn't it leave you with no options to see the real lis though?
why would you want to see the "real list" ?
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

Dragon45 wrote:Since when as commdrop-kill-transout been a real problem in team games? A comm that aggressive is a gift from heaven; if a pair of LLTs dont kill it, all you have to do is commbomb, and wham, an extra 5k metal for the remaining members of the team. A pulv or fighter near the wreck site (not a problem since its at the start) takes care of annoying con aircraft trying to reclaim the wreck.
Hell, a micromanaged Thud or Hammer can do the job, if you recall that one game on Tabula.
ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF »

Satirik wrote:
ZellSF wrote:Doesn't it leave you with no options to see the real lis though?
why would you want to see the "real list" ?
The real list determines start positions in a fixed game.
Since when as commdrop-kill-transout been a real problem in team games? A comm that aggressive is a gift from heaven; if a pair of LLTs dont kill it, all you have to do is commbomb, and wham, an extra 5k metal for the remaining members of the team. A pulv or fighter near the wreck site (not a problem since its at the start) takes care of annoying con aircraft trying to reclaim the wreck.
With com + atlas + scout you'll have to spend *way* more resources than the enemy to defend against it. Remember in many maps, placing multiple llts in your base is just a waste and you usually want to use your commander to advance your frontline.

It's a strategy you have to predict and if you don't the game is ended in two minutes, even though it's a 5v5 team game, which is pretty boring.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

ZellSF wrote:
Satirik wrote:
ZellSF wrote:Doesn't it leave you with no options to see the real lis though?
why would you want to see the "real list" ?
The real list determines start positions in a fixed game.
it's not the team no ?
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

the question is : to make the interface more clear, should i rename the "team" and "ally team" to something else ? and if yes ... to what ?
ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF »

You really should rename them, though no clue to what.
it's not the team no ?
No. Unless it has been fixed in a recent version.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

ZellSF wrote:You really should rename them, though no clue to what.
it's not the team no ?
No. Unless it has been fixed in a recent version.
added to "todo" list
YokoZar
Posts: 883
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 22:02

Post by YokoZar »

Satirik wrote:the question is : to make the interface more clear, should i rename the "team" and "ally team" to something else ? and if yes ... to what ?
Ally team -> Team
Team -> Player (or Player ID)

This makes it consistent with Age of Kings, the last game I know of to have similar comm sharing.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

YokoZar wrote:
Satirik wrote:the question is : to make the interface more clear, should i rename the "team" and "ally team" to something else ? and if yes ... to what ?
Ally team -> Team
Team -> Player (or Player ID)

This makes it consistent with Age of Kings, the last game I know of to have similar comm sharing.
2 player with the same player id ???

why not

Ally team -> Team
Team -> Commander

?
YokoZar
Posts: 883
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 22:02

Post by YokoZar »

Satirik wrote:why not

Ally team -> Team
Team -> Commander

?
I like that better, yeah. Commander.

Although, this does make the assumption that you're playing a mod with a commander ;)
imbaczek
Posts: 3629
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 16:19

Post by imbaczek »

PlayerID is... ok. I don't like it, but at least it's not misleading.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

because jobjol.com is not available you should get a timeout when hosting, just disable springmark score and system info while im fixing this for the next build
User avatar
ginekolog
Posts: 837
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 13:49

Post by ginekolog »

i like your forked lobby. In fact it should be included in next release imo.
ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF »

if you could start fixing some of the interface issues of TASClient, that'd be nice.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

ZellSF wrote:if you could start fixing some of the interface issues of TASClient, that'd be nice.
i should remove the theme support that's all i should do

edit : i don't have any interface issue
ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF »

Uh, there's *tons* of interface issues in TASClient. None that has much effect on usability, but fixing them still would be nice.
Locked

Return to “Engine”

cron