TASClient (latest version available here) - Page 3

TASClient (latest version available here)

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
User avatar
caldera
Posts: 388
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 20:56

Post by caldera »

i added country-flags to the battleroom.
http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/31 ... _by_Klink/

if you (satirik)want to add this to your code:

file BattleFormUnit.pas
build 44
line 2879

Code: Select all

// Country Flag:

FlagBitmap := MainForm.GetFlagBitmap(TClient(BattleState.Battle.Clients[RealIndex]).Country);
          Canvas.Draw(R.Left, R.Top + 16 div 2 - FlagBitmap.Height div 2, FlagBitmap);
           Inc(Pos, SideImageList.Width + 4);

          // side:
...
User avatar
Pendrokar
Posts: 658
Joined: 30 May 2007, 10:45

Post by Pendrokar »

Nice updating! You could add a feature to the player notification icons when they show up - 1) You could just click on the icon to show the battle 2) Double Click on the icon to join the players battle(If its possible)! :wink:
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

Pendrokar wrote:Nice updating! You could add a feature to the player notification icons when they show up - 1) You could just click on the icon to show the battle 2) Double Click on the icon to join the players battle(If its possible)! :wink:
what player notification icons ?
User avatar
Pendrokar
Posts: 658
Joined: 30 May 2007, 10:45

Post by Pendrokar »

Options ->Program->"Notifications ..."
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

i never used these notifications :) good idea, only simple click is available
User avatar
caldera
Posts: 388
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 20:56

Post by caldera »

im playing with special allycolors, so you can better see in which ally people are. what do you think?
Image
j5mello
Posts: 1189
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 05:40

Post by j5mello »

thats fricking brilliant ...

why didn't someone think of that already...

make sure u get 16 colors though..
User avatar
caldera
Posts: 388
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 20:56

Post by caldera »

I actually took only four colors, because most games are only having 2 different allys, sometimes four. playing ffa you dont really need these colors.
User avatar
Pendrokar
Posts: 658
Joined: 30 May 2007, 10:45

Post by Pendrokar »

But why doesn't sorting work in battle room? That would be enough!
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

Sorting the array of players used for the table would mess up the ordering, making you desync and causing spring to crash.

The ordering is extremely sensitive. Its used to re-order the players so their team numbers are consecutive, aka 1,2,3 instead of 2,7,9.

Besides, even though there can be work arounds the current ordering tells you the order people joined in.
imbaczek
Posts: 3629
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 16:19

Post by imbaczek »

AF wrote:Sorting the array of players used for the table would mess up the ordering, making you desync and causing spring to crash.
Sorting the array, yes. Sorting the column view, no. (Very bad design if yes.)
User avatar
caldera
Posts: 388
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 20:56

Post by caldera »

here is the code for allyhighlighting as shown in the screenshot above. i completely messed up my delphi installation, so i cant add this to 46 at the moment, perhaps satirik can do.
is there any easy way to get all this external stuff installed to make lobby compile without errors? took me hours to get it working and only a few clicks to destroy it completely...

battleformunit.pas
v45
line 3034

Code: Select all

//allyhighlighting  team 1
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '1' then begin
                Brush.Color := clBlue;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clWhite;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
                Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;


            //allyhighlighting  team 2
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '2' then begin
                Brush.Color := clRed;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clWhite;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
            Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;


            //allyhighlighting  team 3
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '3' then begin
                Brush.Color := clGreen;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clWhite;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
            Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;


            //allyhighlighting  team 4
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '4' then begin
                Brush.Color := clYellow;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clBlack;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
            Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

caldera wrote:here is the code for allyhighlighting as shown in the screenshot above. i completely messed up my delphi installation, so i cant add this to 46 at the moment, perhaps satirik can do.
is there any easy way to get all this external stuff installed to make lobby compile without errors? took me hours to get it working and only a few clicks to destroy it completely...

battleformunit.pas
v45
line 3034

Code: Select all

//allyhighlighting  team 1
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '1' then begin
                Brush.Color := clBlue;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clWhite;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
                Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;


            //allyhighlighting  team 2
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '2' then begin
                Brush.Color := clRed;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clWhite;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
            Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;


            //allyhighlighting  team 3
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '3' then begin
                Brush.Color := clGreen;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clWhite;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
            Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;


            //allyhighlighting  team 4
            with Canvas do
            begin
              if s = '4' then begin
                Brush.Color := clYellow;
                FillRect(R);

                Font.Color := clBlack;
                Pen.Color := clWhite;
              end;
            Canvas.TextOut(R.Left + Pos, R.Top, s);
            end;
hd formated 2 days ago and it took me 5min to get delphi works with the lobby ... i will add your idea (but not your code) in the next version
User avatar
caldera
Posts: 388
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 20:56

Post by caldera »

yeah my code isa bit spaghetti style shit :) u'll surely find a better solution. how do you install all this tbx and jcl stuff? i just do what it sais in the readme txt...
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

caldera wrote:yeah my code isa bit spaghetti style shit :) u'll surely find a better solution. how do you install all this tbx and jcl stuff? i just do what it sais in the readme txt...
same ... finaly i won't add your feature, because it is not very usefull, and this flashy kind feature should be only used to show some really important things like com sharing, but you can still add it ... if you want some help to build the lobby ask me
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

i just added a part with the next build new features already made to the first post, if you have some good new idea about the lobby dont hesitate !
ZellSF
Posts: 1187
Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 19:07

Post by ZellSF »

remember max players, auto-send description and autospec/kick below minimum rank players settings?
MelTraX
Posts: 470
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 16:18

Post by MelTraX »

There are often people who want to be on the same team but don't have clan-tags.. The clan auto-balance probably also doesn't work for the PRO_ clan..

What do you think about checkboxes in the auto-balancing screen to manually form a "clan"?
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

MelTraX wrote:There are often people who want to be on the same team but don't have clan-tags.. The clan auto-balance probably also doesn't work for the PRO_ clan..

What do you think about checkboxes in the auto-balancing screen to manually form a "clan"?
nope ... normalized clan = [clan]nick or nick[clan]nick2 if you dont use the iso 4687 normalized clan you won't play with your friends that's all :D
User avatar
LBPB
Posts: 119
Joined: 25 Aug 2006, 10:27

Post by LBPB »

We need a 'Freeze Ally' option

To avoid people switching all the time. So the host can balance properly
Locked

Return to “Engine”