TASClient (latest version available here) - Page 2

TASClient (latest version available here)

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

@satirik: <--
pktm

Post by pktm »

Can we get a search-box for the map-list?

While choosing a map, I would like to have an entry-box where i could insert things like parts of the map name and then, after pressing the search-button i will recieve all maps that matches the entered name in some way.

This surely could be extended in many ways, but this trivial search function is the most important thing i miss :)
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

pktm wrote:Can we get a search-box for the map-list?

While choosing a map, I would like to have an entry-box where i could insert things like parts of the map name and then, after pressing the search-button i will recieve all maps that matches the entered name in some way.

This surely could be extended in many ways, but this trivial search function is the most important thing i miss :)
Okay this is a surprisingly good idea, especially if its incremental / "live" search style.

One more feature I like on Springie that I wish could be ported to your lobby client is the ability to get lobby chat in game. Receiving private messages and chat in channels would be great, I just don't know if you can implement it without writing a LuaUI widget to read a text file or some other semi-hacky solution.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

I'll try ! .... done, its not live because I have most of the maps and the search is slow

search just check if each word (separated with a space) is in the map name
Last edited by Satirik on 07 Jul 2007, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

el_matarife wrote:

Okay this is a surprisingly good idea, especially if its incremental / "live" search style.

One more feature I like on Springie that I wish could be ported to your lobby client is the ability to get lobby chat in game. Receiving private messages and chat in channels would be great, I just don't know if you can implement it without writing a LuaUI widget to read a text file or some other semi-hacky solution.
mmh good feature but I really don't know how to make it works, I'll watch the Springie sources :D

edit : game to lobby works by reading the infolog.txt file, but lobby to game works by using send message keys .... it doesn't make any problem when you are spectator host but if you play I don't think you would like the lobby tu send Return then your text then Return when you are microing ...
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I kinda like the new SpringMark stuff although it really has to take the gfx-card into account too..

But I think it takes up too much space.. How about you move the description of the system from the column to a tooltip of the other column and change the "No record" to "n/a" so it's not longer than the numbers..

That would be pretty cool because I hate that horizontal scrollbar that's always there now..

edit: it seems that the client doesn't kick people that are already in the battle if you change the SpringMark auto-kick value..
altaric

Post by altaric »

Masure

Post by Masure »

MelTraX wrote:I kinda like the new SpringMark stuff although it really has to take the gfx-card into account too..

But I think it takes up too much space.. How about you move the description of the system from the column to a tooltip of the other column and change the "No record" to "n/a" so it's not longer than the numbers..

That would be pretty cool because I hate that horizontal scrollbar that's always there now..

edit: it seems that the client doesn't kick people that are already in the battle if you change the SpringMark auto-kick value..
I agree with the "too long string" thing.

But any mark doesn't have to take graphics performance into account. Game speed is going down when your cpu is too slow for the game computation needs. If you have a poor graphic card and a good cpu, you can have bad framerate and good game speed. Slow gfx rendering must take some cpu speed but that's not so related.

That's why I don't think graphic mark should be given to others. If you wanna play with 1 fps, it's your problem. That's not the same thing with cpu slow down that affects others players by lowering game speed.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

As I said in another thread.

Which would you prefer:

Mediocre OK cpu + 100fps as an ally?
OR
Superfast cpu + 2fps as an ally?

Granted the latter wont lag as much as the first, but the latter is worthless as an ally and might aswell be kicked. In this case the former is most likely to be kicked because of their cpu when its the latter who should be kicked despite the massive cpu grunt.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

AF wrote: Mediocre OK cpu + 100fps as an ally?
OR
But the question is not if he is a good player or how many enemys he will defeat. The question is: Will his machine bring the entire game to an unplayable state?
Masure

Post by Masure »

very_bad_soldier wrote:
AF wrote: Mediocre OK cpu + 100fps as an ally?
OR
But the question is not if he is a good player or how many enemys he will defeat. The question is: Will his machine bring the entire game to an unplayable state?
True
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

If someone have a superfast overclocked cpu which runs at 80+ °C he will ruin the game (through desyncs) although he get high scores...
Last edited by Auswaschbar on 10 Jul 2007, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If someone has an intel larabee terascale cpu in his machine and a springmark score of several million, but has a geforce 4 + max settings @ 1fps and cannot play the game as a result, does that ruin the game?
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

Can an actual spring dev please clarify what affects desycs currently, and what will afeect desyncs next version? I'm getting confused :/ .
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

You desync if your CPU ends up with a different result of all the calculations in Spring then another player.

This can be caused by overheating CPUs, bugs in the code, bad RAM, some background software (this triggers the FPU control word desync warning in Spring).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Is there a list of such software anywhere?
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

valgrind causes a "invalid heading to vector table checksum"
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

that's because valgrind doesn't care about FPU control word; if you comment out FPU checks, spring runs, but spams the warning. I submitted a bug report about that several days ago: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=147241, no reaction from their part yet.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

AF wrote:Is there a list of such software anywhere?
No, but out of my head it was google talk and some macro recorder (ie. a record mouse movements/keypresses and play back later thing).
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Google Talk? Well, bloody hell, this explains so much before I wiped my hard drive.

Return to “Engine”