Approximate ETC on next version?

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

If it's coming in the next month I might hold off on 2.4, that's all. If not, I might just get a patch ready for the next version instead.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

My goal is next month, but as I always say, it is not a promise and you can't hold us to it, (un)foreseen (real life) circumstances may always cause delays and stuff, especially in holidays where 3 days extra work may mean 3 weeks delay due to vacations etc.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

can you use approximated with estimated?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Caydr can apparently, but it seems a bit double indeed :P

Just consider my answer an approximate estimate then 8)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I can estimate approximately how... ... nm...

What I meant was, "What's a very rough estimate on when it might be done".. if I ask when it'll be done, it sounds like I'm being impatient and rude.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I would estimate at least 2 months, given some of the rough edges that are still present, and the fact that Trepan's v. 3 LUAUI stuff isn't exactly well-tested yet, among other things.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Since it's a beta there will definitely be rough edges, but if it's up to me 2 months is way too long. (A release is the best way to get many testers :P)
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

I wonder whether the fact that savegames work will mean that it'll be easier to do resync in the next release? I don't play a lot, but the game desynced in 2 out of 3 games I played during the weekend.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Sync errors might also be reduced, Victor accidentally fixed some when he finished the saving code :) (std::set -> std::list)
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Hm. AFAIK std::set is an ordered collection... if it is used for storing pointers (which to me is possibly the only imaginable cause for desyncs), a custom compare function could be used, amirite?

Other than that, I'm 100% fine with accidental fixes :)
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

That guy is wonderful, makes huge anonymous contributions and accidentally fixes a desync issue :D Lovely.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

espylaub wrote:That guy is wonderful, makes huge anonymous contributions and accidentally fixes a desync issue :D Lovely.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Hm. AFAIK std::set is an ordered collection... if it is used for storing pointers (which to me is possibly the only imaginable cause for desyncs), a custom compare function could be used, amirite?
Yeah, but they give other problems when saving, so its probably going to be fixed with std::map<int, CUnit*> (or hashmap)

Return to “Engine”