CAN"T MAKE AI ON ONE SIDE OF THE MAP

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ed933

Post by ed933 »

I'm playing with someone over LAN and I want to make the two AI on one side of Supreme Batlefield and us on the other. But every time, we're on the different side and we have to fight the AI!!

Is there any way to make the AI go on one side??? I tried making Us teams 1 and 3 (Still Allied) and AI teams 2 and 4 but it still didn't work!!! Can someone help? I'm using AAI.
knorke

Post by knorke »

i think the startposition depends on the playernumber (ie you joined as the third player -> startpos 3) and not on the team
ed933

Post by ed933 »

But That'[s the thing!! I create a game, then add a bot, then i get my friend to join, then he adds a bot but the bots seem to group together...

it's like

1-ed933
2-ed933(bot)

then

1-ed933
2-shrrb
3-ed933(bot)
4-shrrb(bot)

Is there any way to make it like this?:

1-ed933
2-ed933(bot)
3-shrrb
4-(shrrb(bot)
malric

Post by malric »

The host can change the team number for players (and I guess for bot also). So you and your friend join, someone add the bots, then the host changes the numbers of the bots to 2 and 4.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

edit
Last edited by Ishach on 18 Mar 2007, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
hollowsoul

Post by hollowsoul »

Simply put.

Teams number are sorted starting at 0 -> higher

Player Teams are sorted first (in order when player joined)
AI Teams are sorted second (in order when bots was added)

so i.e
0 = player (host)
1 = player (first player to join)
2 = player (second player to join)
3 = bot
4 = bot

No way to have players & ai mixed together,
unless u pick choose pos & cheat to pick position for AI's

Make a patch for TASClient so it sorts teams from lowest -> highest. Regardless of order when player/bot joined battle.

Make a patch for spring so u dont need to sort team / ally numbers
Ling_Lover

Post by Ling_Lover »

you could set start position squares with Shift+Click (i think) and do 'choose in game'

the bots will start in the top left of the areas you give them, and you will start wherever you choose within the area

that's been my experience atleast

(note: this was in the clients help menu :P )

EDIT: oh, btw, click on the map while holding shift :P
mouse over and delete to delete it
the number is who the sqare belongs to from the list
ed933

Post by ed933 »

When you add squares, it automatically changes the start pos. into "Choose start pos ingame". AI's can't choose where they wan't to start on the map.
knorke wrote:i think the startposition depends on the playernumber (ie you joined as the third player -> startpos 3) and not on the team
Read the posts!!! I tried team numbers.
hollowsoul wrote:
Make a patch for TASClient so it sorts teams from lowest -> highest. Regardless of order when player/bot joined battle.

Make a patch for spring so u dont need to sort team / ally numbers
I'm not a programmer of any sort, how can i make a patch?
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

Set to choose start positions and make boxes. Then before the game starts, the host has to set the AI start positions. First enable cheats with .cheat, then .team 3 to switch to an AI player, make a start point, then .team 4, make start point, etc. Finally, .team 0 to switch back and .cheat to disable cheats again, then start. If you only have 2 humans, then the first AI will be .team 2 instead (simple enough).
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Scikar wrote:Set to choose start positions and make boxes. Then before the game starts, the host has to set the AI start positions. First enable cheats with .cheat, then .team 3 to switch to an AI player, make a start point, then .team 4, make start point, etc. Finally, .team 0 to switch back and .cheat to disable cheats again, then start. If you only have 2 humans, then the first AI will be .team 2 instead (simple enough).
Are AIs even capable of setting start positions, or is it a bug in NTAI? At the very least, it'd be nice if AIs just picked a random start spot.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

AI's don't know about the selection rectangle and cannot set their own starting positions (because they're not loaded until everybody has readied up and the actual game starts).

Return to “Help & Bugs”